Galaxy S7 vs iPhone SE

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't know. I just put a case on it. Maybe it's just me but colour isn't a deal breaker to me. I'm more concerned with the actual interface.

I get where you are coming from here, and generally, this is a fair point aside from being person dependent. Remember that the space grey iPhone has a black face, and all of the other ones have a white face, so a case wouldn't be enough to change that.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree with putting a case on it to a point. If you're buying used and/or get a great deal, then put a case on it and be done. No matter the color.

If you are buying a brand new phone at retail, get what you want.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I get where you are coming from here, and generally, this is a fair point aside from being person dependent. Remember that the space grey iPhone has a black face, and all of the other ones have a white face, so a case wouldn't be enough to change that.

That's the only reason I want the Space grey, the black front bezel. I actually don't like the grey color but it's the bezel which I will be looking at all the time that matters

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
yeah but the iPhone 7 will be the same size as the iPhone 6/6S which is the same size as the Galaxy S7, so the whole point of switching to get the smaller phone becomes a moot point right?

In fact, the Galaxy S7 is 5.1" while the 6/6S is 4.7", so it is smaller.

And if camera is a HUGE point, keep in mind that they're phones, not professionnal cameras.
So it all comes down to personnal preferences, like saturation, low-light capability and such =)

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Snappy...

As far as syncing my iphone, I also don't like iTunes, so I don't use it. I backup my phone to iCloud and I subscribed to iTunes Match ($24/year). All of my purchased music shows up under the purchased playlist. You can set it to auto download to your phone it manually download it.

I have iTunes match enabled on my PC at home and it automatically downloads the music to it as a backup....

~S

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Having used BB and Android in the past, I don't understand what is meant by the simplicity of hooking up to your computer, then dragging and dropping.

While there are a few minor "issues" :)rotfl:) with iTunes, I just simply click on the device I want to manage, check or un-check the boxes for the media that I want to add or remove, then click Apply. My device can be on the other side of the house. I then go on about my business. There is no looking for my USB cable or finding the right folders. Ultimate in simplicity.

My personal choice is the Plus model. I always found the iPhone's screen too narrow, but when the 6's came out, I was all over it.

While the experts say the S7's camera is better, they say its only marginally better. I wouldn't let that persuade your decision.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a problem with iTunes works great for what i use it for. As far as Samsung they are a different story.

Slow updates.
Battery drain the norm.
Slowly bogs up and Lag creeps in.
Restore is only fix for most things and a huge pain setting up again.
Re sale is not good
Service is a nightmare v Apple.

From photos on MR i have seen the S7 and SE are the same especially outdoors. If you want good lowlight photos get a DSLR with a zoom.

Soon as you need to zoom with any phone camera not good photos.

Elessar12

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Security should also be a concern on an Android device. The reason I say this is because of the way that devices receive updates. This is mainly because of the fact that Google does not build most Android devices. In the case of Samsung, Google releases an update, then Samsung customizes it and figures out which of their devices will be able to handle this update (Keep in mind that Samsung actually makes multitudes of phones a year, not just the S series and the Note). then that update is sent to the carriers who again have to customize it to work on their networks. From the time Google sends out an update to when carriers finally push it out can be around 6-8 months!! Imagine the security problems that you could be receiving. I have the Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon and I still haven't received an update in 5 months.

As far as iTunes syncing goes, you should be able to set iTunes to sync manually. That way you only sync the songs that you want. Follow the link below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with iTunes works great for what i use it for. As far as Samsung they are a different story.

Slow updates.
Battery drain the norm.
Slowly bogs up and Lag creeps in.
Restore is only fix for most things and a huge pain setting up again.
Re sale is not good
Service is a nightmare v Apple.

From photos on MR i have seen the S7 and SE are the same especially outdoors. If you want good lowlight photos get a DSLR with a zoom.

Soon as you need to zoom with any phone camera not good photos.

"Service is a nightmare v Apple"

This is so true. Nothing but horrible experiences with Samsung over the phone.

GGIBS

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
If you are happy with your S7, you should keep your S7. As far as photos go, unless you blow them up or print them, either way is good. The reason they look more saturated on the S7 is because of the OLED screen they use. Camera wise you can't go wrong either way.

I had the S5 and switched back because I like iOS better. Updates received right away and no carrier bloat.

Last edited:

rjholmes123

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
This is not a fair comparison, the S7 blows that little piece of crap out of the water, the real Apple phone to compare to is the 6S Plus.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like if you ever go back to iOS you need to invest in iTunes Match (mentioned previously in this thread). I never plug into iTunes any more.

I also have an S7 currently and honestly the camera is one reason I'm tempted to go back to my iPhone 6S (same camera in the SE). It's fast, but the pictures are over-processed and over-saturated. Low light photos are brighter but tend to look a bit muddy. Outdoor shots have a tendency to blow out light places in photos (like faces). About the only thing I really like about the S7's camera vs others I've used (included recent Android flagships) is the speed. The 6S (and therefore the SE) still has one of the best mobile cameras out there.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a T-Mobile Galaxy S7. Absolutely the best Android phone I've ever had (and I've had a bunch). But, in the end I returned it so I could order an SE. I think comparison is a little bit apples / oranges. Honestly, they are very different phones with very different strengths and weaknesses. I think it is impossible to say one is "better" than the other. One can only say they subjectively prefer one over the other. I think the S7 is a totally awesome phone. For me, the smaller size and weight - pocket-ability - together with the consistency and predictability that is IOS won me over. If Apple hadn't come out with the SE, I would have stuck with the S7. LIked it much more than the 6s I had before.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I had a T-Mobile Galaxy S7. Absolutely the best Android phone I've ever had (and I've had a bunch). But, in the end I returned it so I could order an SE. I think comparison is a little bit apples / oranges. Honestly, they are very different phones with very different strengths and weaknesses. I think it is impossible to say one is "better" than the other. One can only say they subjectively prefer one over the other. I think the S7 is a totally awesome phone. For me, the smaller size and weight - pocket-ability - together with the consistency and predictability that is IOS won me over. If Apple hadn't come out with the SE, I would have stuck with the S7. LIked it much more than the 6s I had before.

it is possible to say which device is better than the other....it's clearly the s7.

which device is "better for you" is another matter altogether, which is really all that matters IMO (as you seem to agree).

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
it is possible to say which device is better than the other....it's clearly the s7.

which device is "better for you" is another matter altogether, which is really all that matters IMO (as you seem to agree).

"Better" will always be subjective unless we all agree on what considerations make one device superior to another. If one thinks small size is the most important consideration, the smaller phone is clearly "better." If one thinks screen-size is a primary consideration, the larger screen phone will be "better." Since we all have different ideas as to what is important and what is not, what is "better" will always be subjective. There is no set of criteria we would all agree upon that would allow us to conclude either phone is "better" than another. This is especially true when it comes to two very high quality phones such as those compared here.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
"Better" will always be subjective unless we all agree on what considerations make one device superior to another. If one thinks small size is the most important consideration, the smaller phone is clearly "better." If one thinks screen-size is a primary consideration, the larger screen phone will be "better." Since we all have different ideas as to what is important and what is not, what is "better" will always be subjective. There is no set of criteria we would all agree upon that would allow us to conclude either phone is "better" than another. This is especially true when it comes to two very high quality phones such as those compared here.

In theory sure, but in practicality I disagree. Again, what is better as it relates to a user and their requirements is clearly subjective. I'm certain we agree there.

But your original comment stated that when comparing one phone to another phone...when comparing one device to another we can breakdown the features, specs, and performance, and one device will win.

I'm not trying to be poetic, I'm being realistic. When my friend asks me which phone is better, I consider all their use cases and explain how each device delivers on them. Then they look at me like a nerd and say dude, which one is better.

vikrantrai0104

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I had a galaxy S7 edge and finally switched to iPhone SE.

Galaxy S7 edge pro:
  • Good battery life
  • Screen quality
  • Open nature of android
  • Camera (although I hardly take pictures)

Cons:
  • Lag. yes it still lags. And it drives me crazy thinking that I paid 800$ for this crap.
  • Size. I prefer small phones.
  • Edge screen. Sometimes hard to type.
  • Overly sensitive screen.
  • Fingerprint sensor is not that great.

iPhone SE on other hand is perfect size and is blazing fast. In fact, the process makes it look like that it has 2nd gen touch ID. Cell and Wifi reception is great. App ecosystem is just amazing. And last but not the least, battery life. This phone just does not die. I live on it. Still it keeps going. Easily get two days on moderate use. If I want to kill it in 1 day, I start watching netflix.

Overall, no matter how enticing Android as a platform is eventually I end up having an iPhone. I have used all smartphones. No, really. Every smartphone available in US, except blackberry. I don't consider that smartphone anayway. I am android fanboy happily using iPhone and that is the sad part.

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I had a galaxy S7 edge and finally switched to iPhone SE.

Galaxy S7 edge pro:
  • Good battery life
  • Screen quality
  • Open nature of android
  • Camera (although I hardly take pictures)

Cons:
  • Lag. yes it still lags. And it drives me crazy thinking that I paid 800$ for this crap.
  • Size. I prefer small phones.
  • Edge screen. Sometimes hard to type.
  • Overly sensitive screen.
  • Fingerprint sensor is not that great.

iPhone SE on other hand is perfect size and is blazing fast. In fact, the process makes it look like that it has 2nd gen touch ID. Cell and Wifi reception is great. App ecosystem is just amazing. And last but not the least, battery life. This phone just does not die. I live on it. Still it keeps going. Easily get two days on moderate use. If I want to kill it in 1 day, I start watching netflix.

Overall, no matter how enticing Android as a platform is eventually I end up having an iPhone. I have used all smartphones. No, really. Every smartphone available in US, except blackberry. I don't consider that smartphone anayway. I am android fanboy happily using iPhone and that is the sad part.

Very interesting. Except for the BlackBerry reference. Why everybody gotta dis on BlackBerry?

Quod sunt, nos eritis

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting. Except for the BlackBerry reference. Why everybody gotta dis on BlackBerry?

Quod sunt, nos eritis

I had the Priv and the S7 after that, at first, when you don't have any apps, Wifi Off, the battery is great. Load my apps, then set them all to battery optimize on the S7 using the doze feature and on the Priv limited their background data refresh, but despite that, the battery would start draining like no tomorrow even if I don't touch the phone....

then comes this....it was the end of the Priv for me, I cannot rely on such a device:

Contacts disappear a few minutes after I add them

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77