I've been stumped on what color I want with the iPhone SE. At first I thought I may go with silver because it's the classic iPhone look (and I never owned iPhone or any Apple product before), but now I think I'd like either gold or space grey. What are the colors people usually choose? Either I'd go with a popular choice or choose the opposite of everyone's choice. lol Just not the pink. Anything but pink.
    04-05-2016 02:11 AM
    The most popular color for the SE is probably going to be space grey again since black used to be the only color for iphones. For me I would choose either gold or space grey. Silver looks very classical but it tends to get boring over time. Gold is probably the most gorgeous color because it looks the most luxurious. I would go for Space Grey. Choose wisely...
    DisturbedKoala and libra89 like this.
    04-05-2016 02:58 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

It really comes down to personal preference. I own a Space Grey phone because of the black face of the phone. I find it makes for easier reading. Other people find the white face of the silver and gold is better for reading. Are you going to put a case on it, then I think colour becomes less significant as it is mostly covered. My best suggestion would be to go to an Apple Store and compare them side-by-side. This will allow to make a better decision as they will all be in front of you.
    04-05-2016 06:39 AM
    I opted for the Space gray, but to be honest, after I submitted the order, I wished I selected Rose gold. I'm more or less liking that color at this point and it would been a nice change of pace for me
    DisturbedKoala likes this.
    04-05-2016 06:47 AM
    I'm likely to get Speck's clear candyshell cover, so I would be seeing its color. xP And I've been leaning towards gold as it reminds me of trophies, which does have to do with the luxury look. But do Apple stores actually have every color on display? I've been to carrier stores recently and only saw Rose Gold on display. I assumed they'd only show that color as it's the new one for the body of the phone.
    04-05-2016 08:40 AM
    I chose Rose Gold because I found it to be pretty.

I second firedept10's suggestion on going to an Apple Store and seeing them side by side. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices, but I'm pretty sure Space gray would be the most popular and then silver, or the flip of that.
    DisturbedKoala and Sherry_B like this.
    04-05-2016 09:43 AM
    Space gray - there is only one. Lol
    04-05-2016 10:31 AM
    Space gray IMHO. Black screens look so much better when it comes to borders and digital screens. With that said, I'm not a fan of how light Apple is making the "space gray" color on the back. Would much rather go back to a darker "slate". Or at least offer the black front with other colors. Gold back with black front would be a hot ticket IMHO.
    04-05-2016 10:54 AM
    Gold, while not a fan of the white outside, it looks better than the silver. Also got sick of how everything seems to be black.
    04-05-2016 11:00 AM
    I have always had a Space Gray/black front bezel iPhone and IMO I still think it is generally the best looking model. That being said, based on current shipping delays it appears that the Space Gray and Silver model SE are the most popular...
    04-05-2016 02:18 PM
    Space grey best look, but why not intergalactic black next time
    04-05-2016 03:57 PM
    I went with rose gold. Looks classy.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2016 04:30 PM
    I'd do space grey. I have the rose gold 6s right now and am enjoying it, but miss the black face.
    04-05-2016 04:42 PM
    I'm likely to get Speck's clear candyshell cover, so I would be seeing its color. xP And I've been leaning towards gold as it reminds me of trophies, which does have to do with the luxury look. But do Apple stores actually have every color on display? I've been to carrier stores recently and only saw Rose Gold on display. I assumed they'd only show that color as it's the new one for the body of the phone.
    The Apple Store always displays all the colors
    04-05-2016 09:43 PM
    I got the rose gold. I put a clear case on it so I could enjoy looking at it.
    libra89 and Sherry_B like this.
    04-05-2016 10:11 PM
    I prefer both space gray and silver. From both of it you can anyone.
    04-05-2016 10:18 PM
    I always got space grey or black iPhones, decided to switch it up with my 6 and went with a Gold iPhone and i don't know why, but i like to think that the white on the front of the iPhone makes the screen look better, and the gold part is different. but that's just me.
    04-06-2016 09:49 AM
    I always got space grey or black iPhones, decided to switch it up with my 6 and went with a Gold iPhone and i don't know why, but i like to think that the white on the front of the iPhone makes the screen look better, and the gold part is different. but that's just me.
    It's a hard decision lol. The gold is different, I agree but the space grey kind of allows for the bezels to "melt" with the screen. I got the rose gold because it looks really cool.
    Ariza16 likes this.
    04-06-2016 09:56 AM
    I'm going for space gray. Black is more sleek to my eye. Everyone has a preference though!
    04-06-2016 02:34 PM
    Gold is the only way to go
    04-06-2016 04:12 PM
    I've been stumped on what color I want with the iPhone SE. At first I thought I may go with silver because it's the classic iPhone look (and I never owned iPhone or any Apple product before), but now I think I'd like either gold or space grey. What are the colors people usually choose? Either I'd go with a popular choice or choose the opposite of everyone's choice. lol Just not the pink. Anything but pink.
    the "classic" iPhone look is Space Gray, not silver...
    BTW it's up to you and your taste . The best advice is to go to an Apple Store, see all of them and then make your choice.

Gold, while not a fan of the white outside, it looks better than the silver. Also got sick of how everything seems to be black.
    The silver model actually is white on the front....
    The only one with a black front is the Space Grey.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-06-2016 04:13 PM
    I went with Space Gray this go round. I actually had the Gold 5s with the white front, while I liked it a lot, I like the black face so much better. It's really up to you, but remember you're the one who has to carry it around. As suggested, go to an Apple Store and test them out. You might purchase all colors. LOL.....ENJOY
    04-07-2016 12:52 AM
    When I was in line at the Apple Store, 9 out of the 10 people waiting for SE's wanted 64GB space gray (myself included).

So around here, SG is definitely the most popular.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-07-2016 01:41 AM
    64GB is definitely the size that people are choosing.
    04-07-2016 07:35 AM
    64GB is definitely the size that people are choosing.
    To me, that makes a lot of sense. Seems like the people who would have went for the 32gb, are doing 64gb. Yep, space gray is still sold out at every apple store in my radius. Crazy. The results I am seeing is for the SIM free 16gb one though.

Edit: I checked all of the colors (and also the 64gb model) and it's the same deal...so whoever says that people aren't buying these is so mistaken. Glad I got mine when I did.
    Last edited by libra89; 04-07-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added a few lines.
    04-07-2016 08:47 AM
44 12