Considering getting the 5se and use Samsung Pay. Can I use this on the 5se?
    02-12-2016 09:58 AM
    I had to google to find out what you are even talking about! You mean rumored coming smaller iphone. We don't know what it will support, BUT you'd think it will support Apple Pay as opposed to Samsung Pay, but who knows for a phone that is only at the rumor stage!
    02-12-2016 10:06 AM
    The iphone se will definitely not support Samsung pay.

Posted via S7 Edge
    03-21-2016 07:44 PM
    You can use Apple Pay
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-21-2016 07:48 PM
    Nope! Just Apple Pay.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:16 PM
    No Samsung pay is more advanced than apple pay and iphones don't have the tech to use Samsung pay
    Channan likes this.
    03-21-2016 09:26 PM
    No it will not work. Samsung pay is only on the flagship phones like note 5 and new galaxy s7. Wished that apple would have bought the wireless payment before samsung. I love samsung pay just hate android.
    03-22-2016 08:54 AM
    Why exactly would one expect to use SAMSUNG PAY on an Apple product? Not sure if you'll ever see the day where that is a reality.
    libra89 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-22-2016 09:48 AM
    No Samsung pay is more advanced than apple pay and iphones don't have the tech to use Samsung pay
    Vice verse. The different platform pay systems do not support one another's devices. I'm also not sure that Samsung pay is more advanced than Apple Pay.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:16 AM
    Vice verse. The different platform pay systems do not support one another's devices. I'm also not sure that Samsung pay is more advanced than Apple Pay.
    More advanced in the sense that it is more widely available than Apple Pay, possibly.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:53 AM
    More advanced in the sense that it is more widely available than Apple Pay, possibly.
    With Samsung pay you can use the card slider and the thing at the top, you can't with apple pay.

"Samsung Pay's support for the legacy MST standard comes particularly handy: you just place your phone close to the place where cards are swiped, and it sends a magnetic signal that makes it possible to pay using your phone in places where Apple and Android Pay users can't do it. While there are still lots of places that don't accept NFC payments, more than 90% of the stores in the United States have magnetic card terminals that accept Samsung Pay."
    03-22-2016 11:39 AM
    With Samsung pay you can use the card slider and the thing at the top, you can't with apple pay.
    So because Samsung reads a different way makes it better?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2016 11:41 AM
    Yup lol
    03-22-2016 11:47 AM

No.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2016 12:04 PM
    No.
    I totally agree with this post
    Sherry_B, libra89 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-22-2016 12:05 PM
    Why wouldn't that make it better? It reads the way Apple Pay reads and it also reads in an alternative way that allows it to be used in more places than Apple Pay. It detects the method by which it should read based on the technology it detects. That certainly sounds more "advanced" and "better" to me, no? Especially since its equally secure.
    03-22-2016 01:33 PM
    It's better because you can use it where NFC payments are not supported. That's in the rest of her post.
    03-22-2016 01:57 PM
    Why wouldn't that make it better?

Why does this matter to us as Apple users?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2016 04:39 PM
    Why does this matter to us as Apple users?
    Why didn't you respond like that to SpencerDL who questioned why one might feel it's better? My response is a direct response to that. So rather than say, "That would make it better"...when presented with a fact as to what exactly makes it better you question the relevance. Interested that you weren't questioning it before...hmmm...

To answer your question, it doesn't matter to you as an Apple user. Good thing I wasn't responding to you directly or making a statement that has nothing to do with a question that was directly posed in this very thread....

For what it's worth...I would choose my iPhone 6s 1000x over if given the choice between it and a Galaxy. But let's not act snoody when we are presented with obvious advantages of the competition.
    03-22-2016 05:17 PM
    No.
    You even responded with a post saying it wasn't better rather than questioning why the discussion was relevant in the first place! LOL.
    03-22-2016 05:19 PM
    To answer your question, it doesn't matter to you as an Apple user.
    Thanks for answering.

But let's not act snoody

Do not mistake a sincere and honest question with being snooty.

My bad for assisting in getting this thread derailed.
    03-22-2016 05:22 PM
    Thanks for answering.

[/COLOR]Do not mistake a sincere and honest question with being snooty.
    Your sincere and honest question came after you had already given your opinion on the matter. Once you read a differing opinion you then questioned why this was all relevant. It comes off as kind of snobbish and dismissive. If that isn't how you meant it then I'm sorry for misinterpreting it as such.
    03-22-2016 05:24 PM
    I'm sorry
    No worries! It happens to the best of us.
    03-22-2016 05:28 PM
    I think you're right -- if it does have the option to be read by more [widely available] card readers, and if the transaction is still just as secure, then seems like a definite plus. As more and more terminals roll out with NFC it may eventually be moot, but for now seems like a positive for Samsung Pay. Still wouldn't make me switch, but interesting to know about the other tech
    Quis89 likes this.
    03-23-2016 05:59 AM
    I think you're right -- if it does have the option to be read by more [widely available] card readers, and if the transaction is still just as secure, then seems like a definite plus. As more and more terminals roll out with NFC it may eventually be moot, but for now seems like a positive for Samsung Pay. Still wouldn't make me switch, but interesting to know about the other tech
    I agree. I have no intentions on switching. I love my iPhone. But I'm still a techie at heart. And I wouldn't be mad if Apple implemented something similar so I could use my iPhone more places.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-23-2016 09:37 AM