Will I be able to use Samsung Pay on the 5se?

I

iMore Question

Considering getting the 5se and use Samsung Pay. Can I use this on the 5se?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I had to google to find out what you are even talking about! You mean rumored coming smaller iphone. We don't know what it will support, BUT you'd think it will support Apple Pay as opposed to Samsung Pay, but who knows for a phone that is only at the rumor stage!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No it will not work. Samsung pay is only on the flagship phones like note 5 and new galaxy s7. Wished that apple would have bought the wireless payment before samsung. I love samsung pay just hate android.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Why exactly would one expect to use SAMSUNG PAY on an Apple product? Not sure if you'll ever see the day where that is a reality.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No Samsung pay is more advanced than apple pay and iphones don't have the tech to use Samsung pay

Vice verse. The different platform pay systems do not support one another's devices. I'm also not sure that Samsung pay is more advanced than Apple Pay.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Vice verse. The different platform pay systems do not support one another's devices. I'm also not sure that Samsung pay is more advanced than Apple Pay.

More advanced in the sense that it is more widely available than Apple Pay, possibly.

With Samsung pay you can use the card slider and the thing at the top, you can't with apple pay.

"Samsung Pay's support for the legacy MST standard comes particularly handy: you just place your phone close to the place where cards are swiped, and it sends a magnetic signal that makes it possible to pay using your phone in places where Apple and Android Pay users can't do it. While there are still lots of places that don't accept NFC payments, more than 90% of the stores in the United States have magnetic card terminals that accept Samsung Pay."

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So because Samsung reads a different way makes it better?

Why wouldn't that make it better? It reads the way Apple Pay reads and it also reads in an alternative way that allows it to be used in more places than Apple Pay. It detects the method by which it should read based on the technology it detects. That certainly sounds more "advanced" and "better" to me, no? Especially since its equally secure.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Why does this matter to us as Apple users?

Why didn't you respond like that to SpencerDL who questioned why one might feel it's better? My response is a direct response to that. So rather than say, "That would make it better"...when presented with a fact as to what exactly makes it better you question the relevance. Interested that you weren't questioning it before...hmmm...

To answer your question, it doesn't matter to you as an Apple user. Good thing I wasn't responding to you directly or making a statement that has nothing to do with a question that was directly posed in this very thread....

For what it's worth...I would choose my iPhone 6s 1000x over if given the choice between it and a Galaxy. But let's not act snoody when we are presented with obvious advantages of the competition.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2