How many people do you assume will purchase the iPhone 5SE?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Using percentages, how many people do you assume will purchase the rumored iPhone 5SE if Apple indeed sell it? I say 30%, and I'm being quite generous...:)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hard to estimate a percentage. If a new 4" iPhone does become reality, then I'd consider it as a backup phone for my 6S+ (assuming a 128GB option is available).

Also agree with Peligro911 that a 5S, or the supposed 5Se, is a good choice for kids (as an iPod that can transform into an iPhone later) or teens. I have had teenagers tell me that they want the smaller form factor like that in a 5S, as a 6S or 6S+ is too big; and apparently from what I gathered a bigger phone isn't cool with that age group these days.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
20% ...ish ! I 'd like it if it is going to be a genuine attempt at being a good ( top of the genre ) phone. Why good for kids ? they know more about tech, and learn it faster than most adults ! I think the size thing has gone mad, and if your eyesight is that bad that you need a phone the size of a surfboard you'd be better off with an iPad on a harmonica stand.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't estimate it till I get the right price point but if the rumor is true and its $450 for the entry level, say 16GB phone it would be roughly 15% but if the entry level phone is 32GB it would easily jump to 25% for that price.

It's coming to a point here in America where we will have to start buying our smartphones outright. The days of subsidy are almost over and leasing a phone is out of the question to anyone over 30 in my opinion

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't estimate it till I get the right price point but if the rumor is true and its $450 for the entry level, say 16GB phone it would be roughly 15% but if the entry level phone is 32GB it would easily jump to 25% for that price.

It's coming to a point here in America where we will have to start buying our smartphones outright. The days of subsidy are almost over and leasing a phone is out of the question to anyone over 30 in my opinion

I don't think that many would choose a 4" screen over the 4.7" screen 6s or 7, regardless of storage capacity.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's really hard to say since Apple doesn't ever give us a breakdown of exactly which models sell quarterly. My guess is like 15% if this 5se comes to fruition.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2