BeWeather 3 for iPhone

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

@pfluger in the current beta the gps my location is not updating very quickly when changing locations. I was driving thru different locations. The widget updates to the current location very quickly. When I tap on the widget the 'my location' stays on the prior location for minutes and it not updating or updating with a large time delay. I did update it by pulling down on the location menu. Again the widget location updates very quickly.

There is a rate limit in how often BeWeather updates each location. This is normally no a problem as the forecast data for a location doesn't change too frequently.

That rate limit should be reset on your GPS location whenever you move to make sure you get the new location's data right away. Definitely a bug.

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

Are you kidding me? It's now $3.99 in the App Store. I already paid $2.99 for this app and I can't use it. Total rip off! I will not pay another $3.99 for an app that I already paid for. I would like a refund of my $2.99 for the app I can't use anymore but I'm sure that won't happen.

Who cares about pretty icon sets if the forecasts and data are wrong.

I will shut up now. Bye all!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Are you kidding me? It's now $3.99 in the App Store. I already paid $2.99 for this app and I can't use it. Total rip off! I will not pay another $3.99 for an app that I already paid for. I would like a refund of my $2.99 for the app I can't use anymore but I'm sure that won't happen.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

He offered it for about a week for 99¢. Personally, I think it should have remained 99¢ longer, so people who paid $2.99 could have had more time to discover it. He mentioned it here on this thread on March 28. My forecasts and data are as good as my other weather apps. They all differ some here and there.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

He offered it for about a week for 99¢. Personally, I think it should have remained 99¢ longer, so people who paid $2.99 could have had more time to discover it. He mentioned it here on this thread on March 28. My forecasts and data are as good as my other weather apps. They all differ some here and there.

I agree with you. I was happy to pay the 99¢. But since I had paid for BW2, I would have felt a bit reluctant to pay the $2.99, specially since they are still fixing all the issues.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I go all the way back to Berryweather during my BlackBerry days. Then I paid for BeWeather 2. I wish he had kept the app priced at 99 cents for longer. I don’t want to pay $3.99 for it again. Just my opinion.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger, I think you could improve the description in the App Store for BW3. For example, I am guessing a lot of users don't know that you can tap on the 24 hour or 7 day temps and change the weather value to wind, pressure, etc.? Same with the new data field for the detailed forecast. This is one of my favorite features that you added and I use the 24 hour to check wind speed/direction all the time before going out to bike, run, etc.

Maybe add a video showing many of the customization features (old and new)?

reddirtranch

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site

We might tweak the use of the delete buttons but there will be no weather data coming back to the sidebar at this time.

Well, I'm out then. That was the one feature that separated BeWeather from the rest. I kept reinstalling the betas but going back to 3.0.23 so I can see temps at a glance. It was good while it lasted.

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site

Got another statement

c2be81d6da6cde2cfbbb397e06a2e248.jpg

ealvnv

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

Can report alerts are working for me. I have an iftt receipt to compare against. BeWeather is alerting before iftt.

reddirtranch

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site

Its still a good app and I see the dev's point about costs of mutliple lookups as darksky does charge for these. Its just that without that feature there are apps the fit my needs more.

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

Here is what I think about cost. I purchased the last Pro version when it came out. What frustrated me during that period of the "Pro" version until these beta releases, — there was very little activity and updating. In fact, I think it is safe to say many thought it was dead. So I did feel the money was wasted.

That said, while I was frustrated, I can not say that except for occasionally noticing the lack of work on the app, that i lost sleep over 2.99 or whatever the cost. So it was nice to get a discount on the official release etc this time. Though as I mentioned even then I did not use the coupon opting to pay. Now again with ALL that said, I would probably pay for advance features or more frequent updates etc. BUT I would expect the same frequency of updates to continue as is happening now and not cease. In short I am OK with paying the amount or levels of 2.99 or 3.99, on my end provided the app end doesn't sit idle for months on end.
That thought should cross the developers mind and whether he can commit to working on the app more regular then after the last "pro" release or before pricing out "Pro" frequencies of updates in data etc.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I just got an notification. Of course we’re under a severe thunderstorm warning...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Here is what I think about cost. I purchased the last Pro version when it came out. What frustrated me during that period of the "Pro" version until these beta releases, — there was very little activity and updating. In fact, I think it is safe to say many thought it was dead. So I did feel the money was wasted.

That said, while I was frustrated, I can not say that except for occasionally noticing the lack of work on the app, that i lost sleep over 2.99 or whatever the cost. So it was nice to get a discount on the official release etc this time. Though as I mentioned even then I did not use the coupon opting to pay. Now again with ALL that said, I would probably pay for advance features or more frequent updates etc. BUT I would expect the same frequency of updates to continue as is happening now and not cease. In short I am OK with paying the amount or levels of 2.99 or 3.99, on my end provided the app end doesn't sit idle for months on end.
That thought should cross the developers mind and whether he can commit to working on the app more regular then after the last "pro" release or before pricing out "Pro" frequencies of updates in data etc.

In no way am I disputing your reply, however, I do have a question in regard to the expectation of “frequent updates”. For the record, I’m not referring to customer feature requests, but the actual updating of the app itself. With that being said, unless there’s an iOS update or a bug to fix, what is there to update, especially if the app is working as it was intended? How many times have we seen developers blasted for “fixing something that wasn’t broken” or “tinkering too much to the point of ruining something”?

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

You are correct as to when an update is needed. There was a long period where there were no updates and people were upset because of "problems" I do not expect changes for the sake of changes Lord knows the weather channel app can handle changes that destroy the app. If BW is functioning then great! But if things stop functioning etc I would expect fixes.Right now things are going good for me and I am satisfied.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77