BeWeather 3 for iPhone

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

@pfluger
Could you explain section header style. I've tried all 4 styles, but see no difference anywhere.

You can configure how the headers separating the different forecast sections look like. See these 2 screenshots for comparison.

36052cb7c54f9b70b9332e96a5bfc518.jpg
328638662b7af9b2b0e41fb5837f2f05.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

@pfluger With no disrespect intended to Betas or the Public release why does YOUR app have so many bugs, Does not work and when the version that works that I PAID for will be back in the USA App Store? Also thank you for answering my support ticket - NOT!!

I sure would like to be able to use this app as intended. Don't know what it is with you and Apple in regards to this app but come on man.

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

I don't have Dark Sky, and no clue what it looks like.

I have used Dark Sky and BeWeather for several years. When BW used Weather Underground as a weather source, BW was much more accurate than DS. Now BW is just a second version of the inaccurate DS.

For example: During a severe thunderstorm with a warning BW (using WU) accurately said thunderstorm. We had property damage. However, DS said drizzle.

During an ice storm with a warning BW (using WU) accurately said significant ice accumulation. We lost power for three days. DS said light snow.

DS (and now BW) refuses to forecast "thunderstorm". It's like they're afraid of the word "thunderstorm". DS says heavy rain or drizzle but NEVER says thunderstorm. I think that's a huge malfunction. I need to know if lightning or severe weather is in the forecast.

I have many more examples to show how horribly inaccurate DS is compared to WU.

Please visit forecastadvisor.com and check it out. You'll see that DS lags in accuracy compared to the other weather sites.

Thanks!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

@pfluger
Could you explain section header style. I've tried all 4 styles, but see no difference anywhere.
@pfluger

With all due respect I have been on this forum as long as the rest of you and I don't understand why everyone PUTS UP with explanations about a weather app that was great and now a rework is taken out of the app store and now unless you are willing to DL a Beta which I am not, You have no BW app?? Deleted mine and will be using the native iPhone app and Accuweather.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger

With all due respect I have been on this forum as long as the rest of you and I don't understand why everyone PUTS UP with explanations about a weather app that was great and now a rework is taken out of the app store and now unless you are willing to DL a Beta which I am not, You have no BW app?? Deleted mine and will be using the native iPhone app and Accuweather.

It should be in the app store very soon. The old BeWeather 2 had become unstable and no longer works, which is why it was removed from the app store. He's getting the new one right before submitting it to iTunes. At this point, the beta is very nice and works well. It's stable and very accurate so far. There's some new additions that are nice.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

It should be in the app store very soon. The old BeWeather 2 had become unstable and no longer works, which is why it was removed from the app store. He's getting the new one right before submitting it to iTunes. At this point, the beta is very nice and works well. It's stable and very accurate so far. There's some new additions that are nice.

As always I appreciate your response my friend but can you understand how leary I have become and getting the new reworked Beta - Public Release back in the app store I have heard for 3 weeks. Some times simple is better. Works for all other long standing weather apps.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread. This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread...PERIOD.
If you don't like the app don't use it...move on. SIMPLE
@pfluger Thanks for reworking the new BeWeather 3 with diligence and timely beta updates.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

As always I appreciate your response my friend but can you understand how leary I have become and getting the new reworked Beta - Public Release back in the app store I have heard for 3 weeks. Some times simple is better. Works for all other long standing weather apps.

I don’t think people understand that WeatherUnderground is pulling their API’s so now we have BeWeather in beta with data from Dark Sky. So the new BeWeather is in beta phase to kick out the kinks and that is what this forum is about, the beta version for testing.

Negative remarks about an app in beta are invalid.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I don’t think people understand that WeatherUnderground is pulling their API’s so now we have BeWeather in beta with data from Dark Sky. So the new BeWeather is in beta phase to kick out the kinks and that is what this forum is about, the beta version for testing.

Negative remarks about an app in beta are invalid.

Exactly.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Thread title edited to reflect that BeWeather v3 is in Beta

If you read about the app I think Being in Beta is a given. TY for the input from all. Don't agree but TY anyway!!

Next thing you know I will get banned for voicing my opinion! :laughing:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger
I really like the data slot to text forecast to the right of every day customization. Nice touch!
I'm curious why the rain graph no longer works in the widget. It worked briefly after the update, but stopped.
Thanks for your hard work with BeWeather 3.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

@pfluger
I'm not getting any weather alerts at all. We currently have a tornado watch, but no alert from BeWeather 3. I have notifications on in the phone settings, as well as the alerts in the app. Location services is set to "always".

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

New Bug.

Weather icons are showing sun instead of moon at night in next 24 hours section.

And it looks like it is showing the moon instead of the sun in the next 7 days (Monday).

See picture:

IMG_0245.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2