BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Dark Sky is not accurate. It has an accuracy of about 66% compared to TWC and WU which have about a 75% accuracy. Check it out on forecastadvisor.com

BeWeather made a huge mistake switching to Dark Sky. Bring back WU!

It's been pretty accurate for me. I usually get a variance of a degree or two from one weather app to another. But BeWeather 3 has been fairly spot on with my WAFF app and accuracy.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm actually glad that Dark Sky is behind BeWeather 3. I find Dark Sky's accuracy to be spot on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed on the widget there is no reading for the possible rain amount...(Red arrows).
00eb05a5c9ed3493a4b5658a0b794b93.jpg

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

The défaut Weather app through Weather Channel has 40 degrees versus 39 for BW3. I can live with that. BUT— BUT if BW3 ever switches over to the BUTT ugly radar colors DS uses I'm dumping it without a second thought. IMHO the whole Dark Sky experience is so ugly and poorly designed. But so far its integration is acceptable.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The défaut Weather app through Weather Channel has 40 degrees versus 39 for BW3. I can live with that. BUT— BUT if BW3 ever switches over to the BUTT ugly radar colors DS uses I'm dumping it without a second thought. IMHO the whole Dark Sky experience is so ugly and poorly designed. But so far its integration is acceptable.

LOL. I really don't care for DS either, but I'm not sure I would use such a harsh description ...LMBO!!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

LOL. I really don't care for DS either, but I'm not sure I would use such a harsh description ...LMBO!!!

I only use DS for the accuracy & lock screen alerts...trust me I’m not crazy about the ui either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I only use DS for the accuracy & lock screen alerts...trust me I’m not crazy about the ui either.

I don’t know of many people who are fond of the UI of DS, but as has been stated, the app is pretty spot on with its accuracy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apparently, the map still comes from Weather Underground. Maybe he keeps it that way.
4719300fcabc26d83abc17074d230614.jpg

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

Let's hope it stays this way. My biggest turn off of weather apps is when the radar is so different.... Green is rain, blue is snow and the gradations of those colors mean something to me universally....

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I agree 100%. Hate the DS radar colors. Being different just to be different.

I would like to see BW3 improve the radar and satellite maps. Especially the satellite (clouds) with more history, smaller time increment and a smoother loop. And I would like to see a combined radar/clouds layer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2