Twitter App Help

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all - I’m looking to replace my stock iOS Twitter app with something a little more powerful. Right now I’m leaning towards Tweetbot 4 (it’s on sale for $4.99). Can anyone who uses this app help me out? I have certain accounts set to send notifications whenever they tweet. Can Tweetbot 4 do this? If not, are there any other apps that offer this functionality? Thanks!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You can do it without an app. Enable mobile notifications for people you want and they'll get sent as a text right to your phone. No app needed.

From your Twitter account online go into your Mobile settings and tick the box for "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications" and then save your changes.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You can do it without an app. Enable mobile notifications for people you want and they'll get sent as a text right to your phone. No app needed.

From your Twitter account online go into your Mobile settings and tick the box for "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications" and then save your changes.

Thanks, Sherry! I’m going to keep this in my pocket in case I can’t find an app that will do this as well.

For anyone interested, I reached out to Tweetbot on Twitter and asked about push notifications for certain accounts. They replied overnight and said that isn’t something they support. I’m going to dig into Twitterrific too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2