Gym Defender Bonus? Time between collecting increased?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
During the past few days, I've been collecting my Defender Bonus every 20 hours. I just collected this morning and noticed that now, instead of 20 as was the case the past few days, the countdown started at 21.

On the web, some sites say collection of the bonus is every 20 hours and some say 21.

iMore says 20: https://imore.com/how-claim-your-defender-bonus-get-pokecoins-and-stardust-pokemon-go?

Which is it?

Why don't they just make it simple and round it up to 24? That way I could just set an alarm for the same time every day. I have my theories about why they don't do it that way, though…

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't play Pok?mon Go, I cannot readily answer your question. Having said that, being that you're getting 2 different timeframes that are only one hour apart, I'd go with the 21 hours answer. It's one additional hour from the one mentioned by iMore. Anyway, hopefully, someone who can provide a definitive answer will reply soon. In the meantime, don't hesitate to seek assistance via the Pok?mon Support site, if applicable.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
While we’re on the subject, it would be super cool if Pok?mon GO sent you a Notification when your Defender Bonus is ready to be collected.

I doubt it’ll happen, however: the more Defender Bonuses we actually collect, the less we would need to spend real money on the game’s virtual currency. It’s in Niantic’s best interest if we forget to collect our Defender Bonus.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2