Third Party Keyboards

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I'm looking for a third party keyboard with specific features. I use Swiftkey now and love it, but it has limitations. I also use the stock keyboard, which is ok, but has some features that Swiftkey doesn't. Here is what I'd like in one complete keyboard:

1. swipe typing
2. microphone/voice to text (as in what is on the stock keyboard)
3. ability to drag finger to move cursor (like stock keyboard does now).

Anyone know of a keyboard that does all these things?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone with more 3rd party keyboard experience might correct me but if memory serves, the voice to text feature is exclusive to the Apple stock keyboard. So is the 3D Touch to move the cursor about within your text.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I'm looking for a third party keyboard with specific features. I use Swiftkey now and love it, but it has limitations. I also use the stock keyboard, which is ok, but has some features that Swiftkey doesn't. Here is what I'd like in one complete keyboard:

1. swipe typing
2. microphone/voice to text (as in what is on the stock keyboard)
3. ability to drag finger to move cursor (like stock keyboard does now).

Anyone know of a keyboard that does all these things?
Doesn't Microsoft's Flow Keyboard do the things you're seeking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone with more 3rd party keyboard experience might correct me but if memory serves, the voice to text feature is exclusive to the Apple stock keyboard. So is the 3D Touch to move the cursor about within your text.
I know that with the Flow Keyboard, at least on my iPhone 7 Plus, I can move the cursor by pressing the keyboard and then moving my finger. I'm currently testing it out without allowing it to have full access.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know that with the Flow Keyboard, at least on my iPhone 7 Plus, I can move the cursor by pressing the keyboard and then moving my finger. I'm currently testing it out without allowing it to have full access.

That's good to know. Might give that a try.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One go back....

Google's Gboard allows cursor positioning by sliding left or right on the space-bar and once you start sliding in the space-bar you can then use the remainder of the keyboard. Works really well!

You just can't slide up and down through the body of your text which is a bummer.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2