Does the iOS Keyboard have long press capabilities?

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. So I'm used to having a keyboard with long press capabilities that lets me choose different symbols like @, # or quotation marks without having to press a button to switch the keyboard layout to numbers and then symbols. I've been trying different keyboards, including swiftkey which I have used on android for years, and I found that the ios version is lacking these features. I'm not sure if it's the os restriction or what because I have yet to find one. Does anyone have one they use? Thanks.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Over the years I’ve tried a host of 3rd party keyboards but never came across what your looking for and I always came back to the default.

I agree it’s not perfect but it’s pretty accurate even thou it adds two steps for special characters

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I’ve tried a host of 3rd party keyboards but never came across what your looking for and I always came back to the default.

I agree it’s not perfect but it’s pretty accurate even thou it adds two steps for special characters

There's so many intuitive things on Android that make things so much easier that I thought would be on ios. So many people don't know how much extra work they're doing using their phones.?????? it's like it's like Apple put hurdles for people to go through without any real reason for them and you can't bypass them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR