New iPhone user - Need email assistance

allibone

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

After being a long time Windows Phone user, I moved from feature phones to Lumia 800 and have stuck with WP through the Lumia 925, 720, 1020 and 830. However I have finally made the jump to the iPhone 6 64Gb, I may document my transition in another post, however I am looking for some iOS email advice, as email on the iPhone is driving me crazy.

I am not a heavy email user, I hardly ever send an email, but I do get lots of them. Now the only thing I want from my email app is to show me the number of new emails received since I last used the app without needing to go into the app to find out.

One of my biggest gripes with the iPhone is that damned badge over the email app icon. I know I can turn it off, but that's not what I want to do. I want it to show me how many new emails have been received since I last opened the app, not how many are in my inbox, not how many are unread, just how many new emails have been received. This is how the default Outlook app in Windows Phone works and I am just looking for a replacement email app for the iPhone that works in the same vein. I have tried the Outlook app for iPhone, but it only either shows unread or total emails in inbox.

So my question is, is there an email app out there that will show me via the app badge, how many new emails have been received since I last opened the app?

Please tell me there is!

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
There is a few email client in App Store... I m not sure which provides the feature u r looking though wish I could be more helpful...

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Take a look at Spark. It may offer what you are looking for. I can't remember tho. It is free so it's easy to try it.

I also have an app called Airmail and it offers the option of either unread or new email only(which I think is what your are looking for) as the badge notification. The issue is Airmail is still a bit buggy for me and this goes for the notifications so I am patiently waiting for version 1.2 in hopes these bugs are squashed(see my full list of issues in the Airmail thread in this forum).

Airmail for iOS is $4.99.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and Congrats on your new iPhone. As stated above, check out the Apple App Store there are plenty of email apps in there. Enjoy the site.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2