Moviepro vs Filmic Pro

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Anyone using either of these apps, or possibly tried both? I'm leaning towards Moviepro right now with its latest update, but Filmic Pro seems to be very popular. I couldn't really find any reviews comparing the two against eachother, and for some reason I can't find reviews of Moviepro on youtube, it's rather loaded with videos with the same title. They all say "shot with moviepro". Kind of weird as they're from different people. :)

What I'm looking for over the stock app is the ability to lock white balance and exposure, but let the focus pixels do their thing. I think both apps seem to be able to do that and they're both the same price. Moviepro offers 2 and 3k video abilities, and has a nicer UI. Filmic hasn't been updated in a while but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be soon?

Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

mr_wes

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'll bite. I use MoviePro to record our sports games for the coaches to review. I have Videon, MoviePro and FilmicPro and I've used all three quite thoroughly. MoviePro is more responsive and a bit easier to use than FilmicPro, and less buggy. FilmicPro has some crazy bugs, and crashes way more often in my experience. What I do like about Filmic are its zoom presets: it has 3 zoom levels that you switch to by pressing the buttons on screen, allowing you to easily switch zoom levels by just pressing the preset instead of pressing and holding the zoom buttons. MoviePro offers more resolutions for you to shoot in, though only Filmic offers the iFrame video format which supposedly is the native video format used by iMovie.

Personally I prefer MoviePro's stability and responsiveness. I use iMovie on the phone to title and edit the movie and then export it to the Camera Roll.

mr_wes

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes - it's the latest version of Filmic Pro, and what a disappointment. It stutters during recording, and the resulting video indeed stutters once saved to the Camera Roll. So anyway, FilmicPro is a total fail on my 5c, so I'm sticking with MoviePro, thank you very much!

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes - it's the latest version of Filmic Pro, and what a disappointment. It stutters during recording, and the resulting video indeed stutters once saved to the Camera Roll. So anyway, FilmicPro is a total fail on my 5c, so I'm sticking with MoviePro, thank you very much!

Thanks for the input, as I was seriously looking into it. I noticed they raised the price also. $7.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2