Anyone recommend a good WOL (Wake on LAN) app?

clayton006

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've done some google searches and some looking on the App Store but I'm torn as to which Wake On LAN app I should get. Ideally it would be a universal binary. I don't mind paying for it (if a free version is not available). This app does not have to work over the internet (I don't need to forward Wake On LAN when I am away, but the feature could be handy)

Thanks for any and all assistance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe that iOS' power management pretty much does this already by itself... when an iDevice is in sleep, the wifi is in 'hot standby' and will come full on when needed by the OS or an app in the background... if someone knows otherwise, I'm open to seeing documentation...

clayton006

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a few apps that do this but didn't know of any recommendations. And yes I'm referring to sending a magic packet and waking up a PC or Mac.

Cristi Paltin

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I kinda tried all of the free ones and my chois is this:
I use TeamViewer first. Since is the remote tool that i use, i use it for WOL too. Search web for the how to..
Second is RemoteBoot WOL - simple app that only sends WOL packet.
Many of the appstore free apps are just for local network WOL so if you want to do it over the internet you need one that offers a specify port option.
Can't post links since this is my first post. Hope it helps! Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77