Anyone having problems with the Reminder App?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the "Reminder" app that's included in IOS...never had a problem that couldn't be fixed by a click of this or that...BUT...when I woke up this morning I have a few reminders that's supposed to go off with my special sound...ONLY today when I just went to check it out I was missing my most important ones...they were moved to the very bottom of my Reminders and underneath the title of my reminder is said "NULL"...and when I went into that reminder as well as the other 3...I had to turn on the "everyday" part and fix the times...I'd hit done after each one was changed and thinking I fixed it when no sooner than 30 sec after it went back to "NULL"...I tried fixing this like 5x's and it kept doing it. Don't know how to fix this I've never seen it before. Anyone ever seen this or know how to fix this? I did delete all 4 of them and then just added them in again and it still did this. :confused:

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow this is weird then. My 3 P.M. reminder didn't go off like it usually does for me...I seriously have no clue on how to fix this. The "Remind me on a day" tab won't stay turned on. I turn it on and have to fix the time but once I go back to my Reminders front page it somehow turns itself off...That's when I get the "Null" in front of Daily...
I'm deleting each and every one that was completed...so about a years worth...UGH...maybe if I delete all these and reboot and then make those reminders again they'll work? Meaning the remind tab will stay turned on...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well unfortunately being a Native app you cannot delete it and reinstall it but you can turn it off, Reboot your device and turn it back on and see if this makes a difference at all.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Well unfortunately being a Native app you cannot delete it and reinstall it but you can turn it off, Reboot your device and turn it back on and see if this makes a difference at all.

Well I already deleted the items that wouldn't work and I also went down to the bottom and where it says "Show Completed" I went in there and deleted them all. What do you mean by "Turning it off"...turn what off? If you mean my reminders how do I turn them off?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I figured out how to turn it off and I rebooted my phone...I just put in 1 of my reminders and set it for 5 min of when I did it...just to see if it was fixed...And like I said 30 sec after I set it it went right back to "NULL". I was trying to find any info about this and I found other people having the same problem...just recently also. They posted their question on the Apple sites forums...I'm hoping that someone from Apple can tell us about fixing it. I guess I was just glad to see that I wasn't the only one having this problem. I can't find any other info on it tho so I guess I'm stuck for the time being :(

JanBap

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
This thread is 3 months old - have you found a solution? My Reminder App stopped working for a bit; I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 7 (I had been holding out) and it was working again until recently. My iOS is up-to-date but I'm having the same issue as you once again: I set a reminder for a certain date & time on the Details page, click "done," it looks ok on-screen, but a few seconds later the date/time I requested disappears, leaving only a generic reminder that I won't see/hear unless I open up the App.

timkimball1955

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Im still having problems with the reminder app... I'll ask siri to rimind me to feed the dogs when i get home.. Cant do tthis becuse the location services is off (but i know its on) and the reminder app.. The reminder app will turn itself off automatically for some reason..I might sound a little confused because I am, this work last week (9-15-14) but now it's not working..
Anyone having this problem??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Im still having problems with the reminder app... I'll ask siri to rimind me to feed the dogs when i get home.. Cant do tthis becuse the location services is off (but i know its on) and the reminder app.. The reminder app will turn itself off automatically for some reason..I might sound a little confused because I am, this work last week (9-15-14) but now it's not working..
Anyone having this problem??
Try going to the App and setting the reminders manually. Siri gets confused at times.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77