Twitter for iPhone lacks streaming. What do you use?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As the thread title says, what app do you use for twitter if you like the streaming feature?

If you're using Twitter for iPhone, do you notice the lack of tweet streaming?

Personally, I use Tweetbot and I really enjoy the ability for tweets to stream so that I don't have to pull to refresh.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use both Tweetbot and Twitter. I'm not on Twitter as much as I used to be so although the streaming option is enabled via Tweetbot, it's not a necessity for "me" via the official Twitter App. I basically use it for "specific" tweet notifications anyway. For instance, I was notified that the kids will be released from school 3 hours early today...:)

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use both Twitter and Tweetbot, but I have over 7,000 followers, which makes streaming a mess. I mostly use lists I have created.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Always have to be different but I like Twitterffic everyone since I first tried it when Rene reviewed it in the blog last year.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app you use to view your lists? Used to use Tweetdeck until it disappeared, don't like using the web based version of it.
I use both Twitter and Tweetbot, but I have over 7,000 followers, which makes streaming a mess. I mostly use lists I have created.

Sent from from my iPhone 5