DataVault

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks D! I've never used a password manager but as much as my passwords change for each application on both my company computers, I definitely need one LOL. Downloading now!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks D! I've never used a password manager but as much as my passwords change for each application on both my company computers, I definitely need one LOL. Downloading now!!!!

I hear ya. I have everything in the DataVault app - Passwords, login info, Wi-Fi passcodes, my kids SSNs and DL info, serial numbers, and a lot more. I keep a backup of my DataVault data via iCloud, DropBox, on my MacBook and on my iPhone. I also have the app installed on my iPad Mini and I can use any of the backups made with my iPhone to keep the iPad updated since I don't have the Mac version. I like how I can create entries to my liking. Anyway, I hope you like it....:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To those of you who uses the DataVault app like I do, it's been updated and the look is awesome, in my opinion. I'm really liking it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/datavault-password-manager/id323373347?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

I hear ya. I have everything in the DataVault app - Passwords, login info, Wi-Fi passcodes, my kids SSNs and DL info, serial numbers, and a lot more. I keep a backup of my DataVault data via iCloud, DropBox, on my MacBook and on my iPhone. I also have the app installed on my iPad Mini and I can use any of the backups made with my iPhone to keep the iPad updated since I don't have the Mac version. I like how I can create entries to my liking. Anyway, I hope you like it....:)
I have to laugh because I just logged out of data vault both on my phone and desktop version putting in new logins for my new job I started today and cannot say enough for it like 'D. One of my favorite apps i have on my phone and worth every penny. I will now be heading to iTunes for that update I did not know about. Thank you for the tip 'D and the commentary on it. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh Yeh, Thank you again for the heads up 'D. I just love the new front icon login and the inside UI, They moved everything from top to bottom and I just syncd everything from the app to the desktop version to Dropbox and it is much faster now. Great update!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh Yeh, Thank you again for the heads up 'D. I just love the new front icon login and the inside UI, They moved everything from top to bottom and I just syncd everything from the app to the desktop version to Dropbox and it is much faster now. Great update!!
I tweeted Alli earlier and told her how well I liked it....:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't checked the app on my Mac (was it updated too?) but I do like what I see so far on my iPhone/iPad.
I've never used the Mac version, although I should. Anyway, from what I can tell, the latest version for the Mac that is listed in the Mac App Store shows a date of March 6, 2013. I assume it has not been updated to the new look.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Nice...I'm excited!!!! It's the little things that make me happy LOL

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Those of you using DataVault, can you tell me where the app stores your information, i.e., on your device or an Ascendo server on the net? Went to the website but couldn't find the answer in there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nikki did you take advantage of the desktop companion to go with the app just curious?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Those of you using DataVault, can you tell me where the app stores your information, i.e., on your device or an Ascendo server on the net? Went to the website but couldn't find the answer in there.
If i am not mistaken it does not keep it stored anywhere other than the app and or the desktop companion encrypted. Of course as 'D mentioned and i do as he does, I back it up to Dropbox and of course I then iCloud as i have that setup for auto backing up.
Once you create an entry it does not go anywhere. If you use the desktop companion and you entered something in the app or created a new entry like I do alot or at work a password changes, I enter it and when I get home I sync the info to it's desktop companion and then back it up. If you want i can find out for you - Let me know.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If i am not mistaken it does not keep it stored anywhere other than the app and or the desktop companion encrypted. ..... If you want i can find out for you - Let me know.

If it is not too much trouble, I'd appreciate that.

Regarding the desktop companion. Are you able to create and/or edit entries via the desktop companion and then sync to your devices?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If it is not too much trouble, I'd appreciate that.

Regarding the desktop companion. Are you able to create and/or edit entries via the desktop companion and then sync to your devices?
I did confirm as I said that everything stays local as Ascendo does not have a server and YES it is a 2 way sync. If you create it in the desktop companion open the app on your phone and sync to the app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On your device. However, you can have it automatically saved your data to iCloud each time you make a change or you can manually back your data to iCloud, DropBox and to your device.

Last edited: