Tweetbot iOS7?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the native Twitter app and finding it suits my needs. Granted it could use some improvement (inline photo previews, syncing between devices), but it's filling my needs right now. I find Twitteriffic is missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps it's the ridiculous number of clicks required to do some basic functions but I'm not sure. I'm not sure I'll go back to Tweetbot when they improve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the native Twitter app and finding it suits my needs. Granted it could use some improvement (inline photo previews, syncing between devices), but it's filling my needs right now. I find Twitteriffic is missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps it's the ridiculous number of clicks required to do some basic functions but I'm not sure. I'm not sure I'll go back to Tweetbot when they improve it.

Yeah, I agree with your comment on Twitteriffic... there’s just "something" that’s just "off". Retraining those muscles... :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm debating whether to pay for Tweetbot... I have Tweetbot for my iPad and I paid for Echon for my iPhone, I like the iOS 7 look for Echon.. But Tweetbot has more features. But I know some developers end up making a separate update for iOS 7, was wondering if anyone has any insight onto whether Tweetbot will make a separate app for iOS 7..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating whether to pay for Tweetbot... I have Tweetbot for my iPad and I paid for Echon for my iPhone, I like the iOS 7 look for Echon.. But Tweetbot has more features. But I know some developers end up making a separate update for iOS 7, was wondering if anyone has any insight onto whether Tweetbot will make a separate app for iOS 7..

It’s very possible, especially with all of the games Twitter is playing with the same 3rd party app developers who helped put Twitter on the social media map. By limiting the number of users an app can have, Twitter is forcing the app developers to release new ("different") products. I would not be surprised to see that happen.

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It’s very possible, especially with all of the games Twitter is playing with the same 3rd party app developers who helped put Twitter on the social media map. By limiting the number of users an app can have, Twitter is forcing the app developers to release new ("different") products. I would not be surprised to see that happen.

Thanks for your input. But I guess I'll just hold out and wait. Since they are taken such awhile to update to iOS 7.. I would think they would go the Clear app route and create a separate app strictly for iOS 7 and above.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
This is what I just got from Tapbots today...

"We do not have a time frame for the new release quite yet, but rest assured that we are working hard on getting everything ready to go. As always, it's important to us to make sure our software is polished before we put it out in the world. We promise it will be worth the wait.

Best,
Katrina ? Tapbots Support"

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, Tweetbot changed its Twitter icon to the new, flat version of the Tweetbot app icon. Maybe that's a sign the update is forthcoming?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I like tweetbot and Twitteriffic but been having issues with Twitteriffic. TB def needs a ui update

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Twitteriffic is just meh at best. I'd go Tweetlogix if you want something great now. Tweetbot will eventually come around.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Twitterific is working alright for me for now. It's not nearly what Tweetbot is, but it works. So ready for Tweetbot to be iOS 7 optimized.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
How dare these developers not work on our timeline. I DEMAND they release it right now, for free. Paul and Mark are our slaves!

smh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77