My Margins - Margin, Markup, VAT and Discount calculator

Param1

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

My new app, My Margins was just recently added to the app store.
[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my-margins/id697928386?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Store link[/URL]
PSK Applications

Overview
It's made up of 3 calculators. For each of them, you simply enter data into 2 of the fields and and the others will lock. Press calculate to get your results. The colour of the input areas will let you know what fields are inputs and which are calculated.

You can then hit the e-mail icon and send the results.

Margin/Markup
Comprises of cost, price, markup, margin and profit. Also has the option of VAT on the selling price.

VAT
Comprises of Price, VAT rate, VAT, Price after tax.

Very useful if you want to see what price a product will be after tax. Also useful when working backwards. Enter a price after tax and the VAT rate, find out how much the product is without tax. This is a calculation that people commonly get wrong.

Discount
Comprises of Price, Discount rate, Discount, Price after discount.

Lets you see the impact of discounts on products, and lets you work out what the price was before the discount was applied.

Background
I work in finance and i've seen many people have trouble calculating things like markup, how much of a retail price is made up by VAT (especially when trying to claim it back!) etc.

I saw a few apps available but they seemed a bit cumbersome and not as easy to use they should be. I really aimed to make something easy, straight forward and flexible.

I also combined the 3 calculators in 1 app to give the user more value.

Let me know what you think, I really hope you guys find it useful.

Thanks

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-margins/id697928386?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for introducing your app to the iMore community, and hopefully, many of our members will give it a try and provide feedback, both good and bad. In the meantime, take some time to get familiar with the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines as well as the members of this community whom you just introduced your app to. Take care?:)

Param1

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to update the app for iOS 7 and wanted to know if there's any features that you guys think should be in this type of app? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome and thank you for dropping by iMore. Nice presentation and i wish you much success with your app and our members.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77