Email problem

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
On both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 running iOS6.1.2 (jailbroken, but that may change soon), I'm having a problem with my email since I changed my hosting provider. It now takes on average 80 seconds for it to connect to even start to download the messages. I have no such delay with Thunderbird on my desktop, their webmail interface, or my old WiFi only (now) Droid X. It does not matter if I'm on cellular LTE or WiFi.

I have already deleted the mail account and recreated. I've verified that all of my settings are correct. Using IMAP over SSL

It's on my own domain, which is now hosted at Hostgator on one of their shared server plans, using a shared SSL. Same setup as on my prior host, just a different host. Removing the SSL option is not going to happen even for testing purposes, I would rather put up with this delay than expose my password in the clear.

Hostgator support is simply saying it's a problem with my iDevices and closed the ticket.

​Help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the same 80-sec. delay when accessing email that is not via your own domain?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Update: I un-jailbroke both devices by restoring to the current OS versions (6.1.4 on the iPhone 5 and 6.1.3 on the iPad 2) and it had zero effect on this.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I don't know what to tell you, sir. I visited the hosting website and found the below information that I'm sure you've already seen, and in regard to the associated video, are those the steps you took during the configuration. I know the video is for "older" iPhone devices, but I wonder if it can apply to your current phone.

Setting Up Email For the iPhone Support.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I don't know what to tell you, sir. I visited the hosting website and found the below information that I'm sure you've already seen, and in regard to the associated video, are those the steps you took during the configuration. I know the video is for "older" iPhone devices, but I wonder if it can apply to your current phone.

Setting Up Email For the iPhone Support.

Like I said, I've verified that my settings are correct. I'm not getting any errors, and it DOES connect and get my mail, it just takes too long to start the retrieval.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand and thanks Gordol. I wish I knew what is causing the long delay, but I don't. I'll check back with you periodically to see if a remedy has been found. Take care, sir...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2