Need note taking app suggestions!

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some really great note taking apps that give me the ability to write/draw on my notes, add photos etc if there is one.

Need it for school when I'm in a hurry and can't type so fast LOL. Writing is best for me since I'm also a visual learner that way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have heard of notability but none of my friends use it so I'm not sure how good it is and I couldn't find a free version.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Note Taker HD. I believe it was $4.99.

It has the writing/drawing aspect, as I'd trust all note taking apps would. There is the ability to add photos, but I've never used it.

What I like about it is the ability to zoom into the page. This creates a box at the bottom that takes the text you write and shrinks it down to the page. With a stylus, I've found it's easier to write bigger than smaller. This allows me to do this without making note pages 8,000 times larger than necessary. When drawing graphs, especially in math type classes, it's nice to just write onto the page rather than the zoomed text. In the zoom, there's the option to manually scroll across the page or it'll have an automatic detection that lets you start writing back on the far left with the automatic spanning.

The app includes different colors of inks, thickness of pens, and several highlighters. I'll use thicker colored pens for things profs emphasize in class so I can quickly pick up on these when going over my notes.

The app lets you take either pages, or full notebooks(they call them folders) and export pages to pdf/jpg or folders to pdf and email them so you can share notes easily with classmates or put them onto your larger computer screen if you'd rather read them there.

One feature I've used a bit is the ability to import pdf's. A lot of my profs put slideshows up on blackboard for us to download. You can quickly change powerpoints to pdf's or sometimes they include the pdf. Note Taker will import these pdfs and I can take my notes directly on the slides from my prof. For some classes, this is more useful than trying to take notes otherwise.

I've been using the Adonis Jot stylus, I'm sure others would work as well, but I like the pen tip when connecting things.

In terms of things that bother me: The way I write sometimes has me moving my focus area rather than writing in it. If your hand slips down too much, it'll catch that and think you meant to move rather than write.

Within folders, it's not designed to start at the most recent page. When you switch between classes, you'll find yourself scrolling from start to finish, or to the middle point if you were using professor's slides. What I've done to counter this is to create two sets of folders: one for current notes and one for notes from before the last test. After each test, I restart notes for the class and move the others to an archive. That way, I still have the old for comprehensive tests and my own benefit, but the current folders aren't having 40+ pages of notes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/note-taker-hd/id366572045?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

If you have a keyboard associated with your iPad, there's a tool for typing, but I've never used that either. I'm in engineering classes, so it's usually faster to write the formulas we're working with rather than type them. I'm pretty useless to you when it comes to inserting pics, typing text. But I've used the app to completely replace notes taken on paper otherwise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2