Google Reader

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having problems this morning with read items being showing up as unread? More specifically, I restored my iPhone last night and my Reeder app is pulling up already read items from Google. It doesn't happen with every sync, but it does seem to occur with every other sync. I'm going to reinstall Feeddler Pro momentarily to see if it does the same thing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm having the same issue and I use Reeder.
Thank you, Karen. I'm beginning to think it is a Reeder issue, because it is not occurring when I use Feeddler Pro. Furthermore, I have received a few item via Feeddler Pro that does not appear in Reeder even after I've selected the show all feature. At the same time, I can't understand how it can be a Reeder issue if it simply pulls the feeds from Google. Anyway, hopefully, it will iron itself out soon.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen it in the past hour or so. I noticed it around 8am est.

I just did a sync with both apps and they list of new articles are now in sync so hopefully the problem has been fixed. Thank you, Karen. Have a safe & pleasant day...:)

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Reeder too and it's not marking articles as unread like it should. When I refresh, I'll get the new articles but I'll also get a bunch of articles that I've already seen and read

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the Google Reader website on a Windows PC and it is having the same issue of sometimes not showing stuff as read.

All appears well with the Reeder app at this point, but it's good to know that the problem more than likely lies with Google.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Reeder too and it's not marking articles as unread like it should. When I refresh, I'll get the new articles but I'll also get a bunch of articles that I've already seen and read

This was happening to a few of us earlier this morning, but the situation appears to be okay. At least for the time being.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JMD,
It actually happened to me late last night (Sunday).
All's well now

Good Luck

The link to the article that Karen posted above indicated that some people complained of it happening last night so thanks for confirming it. However, like you've stated, it seems to be fine now, thankfully. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2