Please tell me I'm missing something and OS doesnt have a better txt to speech....

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
app than iOS! I used Drive Safel.y with OS and it stinks with iOS. I'd like to be able to have my txts read when they come in and I'm driving. Is there anything that can do speech to txt and read back or I have to look.

So glad to be in the iOS club now! :D

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I understand this guys frustration. I "upgraded" from a crappy spec'd windows phone to this and it had built in "text to speech" where I never had to touch the phone. I am in my car a lot and this is a big feature I expected to be available on the latest version of Android and iOs but alas to get this function to work on the iPhone with Siri you still have to hit a button on the phone. As you can see in the video I have included you never have to hit a button, except of course to send the first text to yourself while testing the feature.

This is what I expect out of brand new operating systems if a 1.5 year old operating system can do it.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I bet this does not work on all Bluetooth headsets and I still have to say it doesn't work when receiving a text like it does on the Windows Phone. I can attest to that because I have been testing on my cars built in Bluetooth for the last 3 days but to make sure I made an appointment at the genius bar to see if I am missing some thing. I can say that if I can't get this function working like it does on my Windows Phone I will have to go back to it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's totally valid to switch back if it's for a feature you can't live without. I'm sure some would simply say you should "get over it" or adapt to Apple's way, but if it's not what you need then it's not what you need.

On the other hand, I don't believe that just because one OS works a certain way, we should expect others to do the same. If that were the case we might never have had the iPhone at all.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I bet this does not work on all Bluetooth headsets and I still have to say it doesn't work when receiving a text like it does on the Windows Phone. I can attest to that because I have been testing on my cars built in Bluetooth for the last 3 days but to make sure I made an appointment at the genius bar to see if I am missing some thing. I can say that if I can't get this function working like it does on my Windows Phone I will have to go back to it.

It doesn't have to work on "all" bluetooth headsets... just the one you want to use... and it will, or not. All you can do is try... one can also activate Siri with a long press on the call button of a wired headphone/earbud set... And no one will fault you for going to a Windows phone if you can't make Siri do what you want it to... your choice...

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not trying to make anyone adapt, I am just surprised in this day and age with so many accidents happening in cars because of texting while driving that this feature hasn't been fully implemented in the other 2 big operating systems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77