• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like everyone says to do either.

Shona1988

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, ever since updating to iOS 6, I cannot upload a photo via any app. It always says "this app does not have access to your photos, you can change this in privacy settings" when I go to "photos" in the privacy settings, it says "apps that have requested access to your photos will appear here" but there's nothing there. It's like it doesn't realise these apps want to have access to photos and stuff. I deleted Facebook and re-installed it, thinking maybe I clicked "don't allow" by mistake when it asked to have access. But I Deffo clicked "allow" when re-installing and no change. It's really annoying me, as I can't even upload photos to Instagram and that's the whole point in Instagram!
I've googled it a million times and nobody seems to have the same problem, and if they do they seem to have solved it by going to privacy settings. :(
I've even went into the seperate apps in privacy settings and again it doesn't seem to realise that the apps even want access to photos.
Please help!

Shona xxxx

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try closing the apps in the app switcher and rebooting. You could also try hooking up to iTunes and uncheck Instagram in the app list then sync and reboot. Finally try unsyncing the photos from your iPhone go into the folder where the pictures are on your computer, usually My Pictures or Pictures. Look for and delete the iPod Photo Cache folder and reboot the iPhone. Then hook up to iTunes and sync the pictures back onto your iPhone.

akjetmom

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally fixed mine by going into settings/general/restrictions and then enabling restrictions(have to set a pass code) and then going to photos and allowing them in Facebook. Hope this helps as there is also a setting in their for Instagram as I also have that app. After that I disabled again to save the settings

Noor Fatima

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Ive got the same problem. I just updated my Viber and now I can't share any photos. I even checked the Viber web page but was unable to find anything useful there. Checked the setting and everything.
If anyone knows the solution plz let me know ASAP.

vc2r

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Ive got the same problem. I just updated my Viber and now I can't share any photos. I even checked the Viber web page but was unable to find anything useful there. Checked the setting and everything.
If anyone knows the solution plz let me know ASAP.

try this > close viber app. then go to settings > location services turn it "ON" , then open viber allow location services.. hope it helps :)

mbm2013

May 31, 2013
Visit site
..i am still using iphone 3gs, I had the same problem, I did these 2 steps and the privacy problem ...is solved,
1- turnd ON the "location services", you should get a list of apps such as maps, compass,viber.etc
2- select "viber" and turn ON.
thanks guys

Moneer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i
If you like to change the privacy setting you may follow the following instruction :
Go to the main menu and select setting then select viber by click viber you select to make the key on instead of off it will work

Uchral Munkh

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. But I've just solved. Just go to your application " fb, instagram .. etc" and try to change your profile picture. Then it will ask you somethings like " would you like to allow to access to your photo" . Press allow it and done. Check your setting-> privacy -> photo, your application will appear on the list.

kayla kelly1

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing. I don't now how to fix it. All the apps in have was me to go onto my privacy and turn it on put I can't do anything. I can't even turn things off I need help. Can u help me

Vicky Frank

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SO much for the solution ou posted! I was having this problem with Pinterest and everything I googled said how to engage the app in Privacy -> Photos but not what to do if the app didn't appear in the list. Your answer has saved me a ton of time!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Cannot upload photos via any app, cannot change in privacy settings like ever...

I still have the same issue since I update my iPad Air 2 and non of my app can't access my photos .... Really disgusting (((

Can you explain a little better what has happened? Have you given those apps permission to access your photos?
What app do you refer to? Is it just one app?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman