need Google Maps help

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can create a route in Google Maps but can't get Directions. Nothing happens when I click on Directions.

Also how do you save a route for future use?

What is and how/when do you use "Drop Pin"?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I may, I'd like to recommend the FREE MapQuest app. It will give you turn by turn navigation and it is FREE. If it may be suitable for your needs, you can download MapQuest from the App Store.

Now, for your questions: after you've Added the destination point, click on route. You should see the blue line leading from your start point to the destination. Now select START. Afterwards, you will see the directions at the top of the Maps app. As for saving your routes for future reference, I 'think' it does it on its own because my previous routes show up when I tap on the space to enter a destination. As for the pin drop, I don't ever use it so I'm not sure.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Try this.

Press Directions
Box pops up on the top
Fill up details from Start to End
Once done, press Route on the keyboard

See if this works. Good luck!

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I can create a route in Google Maps but can't get Directions. Nothing happens when I click on Directions.

Also how do you save a route for future use?

What is and how/when do you use "Drop Pin"?

If you already have a route - all you have to do is click on the top right right arrow to go to the next step or on the left arrow to get the previous step. Both arrows are on the top right.

I haven't found a way to save a route - however, I don't think you need to. If your destination is associated with a contact you can use it to get directions - the directions will always be based on where you are at when you started it so it's ideal.

Drop Pins are just a way to mark certain places - I don't use them much but when I do - my only use is to be able to click on it and use "Directions to Here" feature.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2