Apple Podcast No Voice Navigation with Maps

JREwing

Sep 23, 2021
Visit site
New 13 Pro Max with Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Maps being used. When running Maps, the Music app works fine and allows voice to interrupt the Music with voice directions. But Podcasts will never work. When it comes time for voice directions, it goes silent. So it's giving directions, but you can't hear them. Using a 2013 Ram with Uconnect 8.4. I don't think it's the truck system since Maps works fine.
Is anyone else having issues with Apple Podcasts? I also have Spotify, and it works fine. Just the Podcast app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not one who listens to podcasts in my vehicle, but hopefully those who do will reply soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
New 13 Pro Max with Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Maps being used. When running Maps, the Music app works fine and allows voice to interrupt the Music with voice directions. But Podcasts will never work. When it comes time for voice directions, it goes silent. So it's giving directions, but you can't hear them. Using a 2013 Ram with Uconnect 8.4. I don't think it's the truck system since Maps works fine.
Is anyone else having issues with Apple Podcasts? I also have Spotify, and it works fine. Just the Podcast app.

I will check this out on my way home tonight and report back.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I hope I can find some resolution to this.

I downloaded a podcast before leaving my office. Then I connected my phone to CarPlay begin navigation and then turned on the podcast through CarPlay. Everything worked as it should there was no issue with volume on either navigation or on the podcast. For the record, I have a 2020 Subaru Outback.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner