Edit .pptx and .docx

heyload2

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and would love to just bring my iPad and keyboard on trips. Right now I have to bring my laptop with me as well so I can view and edit .docx and .pptx files for work. I have been searching and researching D2G and O-HD as well as others but have not found any recent reviews about their capabilities. Before I spen $20 on an app I would like to know if there are any users out there of these apps who could provide some insight. I need to be able to view and edit these types of documents and when I return them to people the formatting needs to stay intact when they open them in the full desktop version of MS Office. I've tried Pages and Keynote but they do not maintain the MS Office formatting. Any help?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a whole lot of formatting in my docs - they're just text. But I've never noticed a difference when viewing or after editing them in D2G. Same with PPT.

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was debating between the iWorks suite (Pages, Numbers, etc) and D2G until I came across this video review:

This walk through turned me towards QuickOffice Pro HD. I recently bought it and am very happy with it so far. I especially love that is has easy integration with both DropBox and Evernote. I do with it had more templates but it definitely serves my purposes for both work and grad school.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You really can't go wrong with either D2G or QO. I have had and use both. A lot of it comes down to personal preference but I like they way D2G handled downloading email attachments. It was smother IMO than QO. Although QO may be better now. I would check first. Both integrate with Dropbox, Box.Net, Google Docs, iDisk, etc. very well.

heyload2

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the inputs. Thankfully I won't have to create blank documents, I will only have to review and edit documents that are e-mailed to me. I will have to be able to e-mail the documents back though. Due to security requirements at work, they cannot access sites like dropbox or even iCloud. My biggest concern is the Office 2007/10 compatibility. If I can't edit those files, I'll be stuck dragging a laptop with me every time I have to travel. DTG Pro and Office HD Pro both list in their iTunes description that they can edit these types of documents. Does anyone have experience with these specific types of files?

heyload2

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I decided to pull the trigger on DTG premium. Unfortunatly I am not able to edit .pptx slides. I'm a little peeved as the description in iTunes clearly states that you can edit these formats. Oh well, Bach to the search.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2