itunes credit card for free apps????

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
There's two options I know of having I just went through this having created accounts for my two daughters. Apple Support has an article specifically for this issue at support.apple.com/kb/ht2534. Creating an iTunes App Store account without a credit card. Alternatively, if you simply go to appleid.apple.com, I think you can effectively do the same thing.

Rgds/Mark M.

Reactions: ricking

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
once i created an account w/o a cc will i be able to download just free apps???

I would think so judging by the Apple support article, but I've never tried it so I'd have to defer to big9erfan who's got much more experience with Apple.

Rgds/Mark M.

Netomat

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually if you create an iTunes account with a iTunes Gift Card, you can bypass that credit or debit card stuff.

this is a helpful hint.

iTunes CC info is always a PITA. My buddy wasn't able to download anything from the app store on his ipad 2 for over 3 months because there was an issue with the card number on file and for some reason nothing he did to change it worked.

ricking

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
No. You need a gift card or CC on file

i bought a 2
$25 visa gift card itunes dinged it 7 times for the $3.41 i owed and theo from apple id said he could not do a thing about it... this is why android is kicking apples ass... i dont want to go back to android,i love my iphone...but i'm begining to wonder...is it worth it.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Again, take off your tinfoil hat and put a damn credit card into iTunes. You won't have any of these issues.

As far Android kicking Apples ass, nice try. Show me one Android phone that's outsold any one iPhone.

Reactions: anon(157335)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a issue with a security code took never was able to figure out why and it was my actual bank card. I ended up not having another card to use and used iTunes cards I then contacted apple and had them remove my card from my profile all together that worked and just recently I added a card back on a diff one this time and it worked fine

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No. You need a gift card or CC on file

when they say gift card- they don't mean Visa gift card- Not sure how those work for online purchases... They mean itunes gift card- Also not sure why you are so concerned about using a credit card for itunes- they only charge what you authorize them to charge- its really not a big deal-

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77