Roblox costs Mom $3000 as ten-year-old uses credit card on App Store

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
“….. saw hundreds of small transactions on her banking app after her daughter changed the password on her iPad.”

It’s beat down time. Oh wait. This is a new generation. It’s time for some “tough love”…. ;)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
“….. saw hundreds of small transactions on her banking app after her daughter changed the password on her iPad.”

It’s beat down time. Oh wait. This is a new generation. It’s time for some “tough love”…. ;)

53cb30b6b0a0f12e1ae9c2f52d66466a.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
That board of education needs to be used on the MOTHERS seat of knowledge for not using some form of parental controls of screen time settings to block pin/password changes. I’m this day and age there are many options to prevent these types of things from happening. Maybe I’m just getting grumpy in my old age but this falls completely on the mother and she should NOT have been refunded.

But no, in todays world all someone has to do is cry and all the rules get changed.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the Mother learned something and can discipline the kid appropriately. I think it’s funny y’all are getting so jazzed to paddle the kid. As someone who grew up in the south and was hit with cricket paddles throughout his school days including high school for things like forgetting socks for gym or being late for a class…I can say without hesitation that the cricket paddle doesn’t do squat but make the idiot wielding it look like a fool. They used paddles with holes in them so you could hear it whistle through the air before it hit you. All the kids laughed at them for that crap. It has always made me laugh that people actually think that works.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the Mother learned something and can discipline the kid appropriately. I think it’s funny y’all are getting so jazzed to paddle the kid. As someone who grew up in the south and was hit with cricket paddles throughout his school days including high school for things like forgetting socks for gym or being late for a class…I can say without hesitation that the cricket paddle doesn’t do squat but make the idiot wielding it look like a fool. They used paddles with holes in them so you could hear it whistle through the air before it hit you. All the kids laughed at them for that crap. It has always made me laugh that people actually think that works.

Tough love helps some people but not others. Thankfully, those it helped overwhelmingly outnumber those it didn’t.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure I’d call a cricket paddle tough love. Lazy parenting might fit though. Either way enjoy your night.

If that meant my parents and the many other good parents I know were lazy then I’m so very grateful they were. We turned out to be productive and successful citizens who’ve never been arrested/in trouble with the law. I wouldn’t change a thing about my upbringing.

Anyway, I’m heading to the office. Have an awesome day today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner