Simplenote vs Catch vs Evernote vs Springpad (note sync)??

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Anybody up to date with these willing to comment?

Does one have a clear advantage for off-line use?

Some of these have features beyond what I want. I use Dropbox and at times would like something a but more sophisticated to organize what I would have in basic text documents or a way to book mark things.

Another interest might be a way to organize notes and tasks per project that would be independent of the groupware and customers' enterprise apps I use.

I'm told Evernote performance can be poor if your network connection is poor.

Thank you.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used Simplenote or Catch, but I've used Evernote and Springpad. From my experience, Springpad is better all around. I like the UI and functionality of Springpad better. I've had less issues with Springpad over the long haul. The options are very nice, and the different types of notes that you can take seemed to be superior to the options through Evernote. When I used Evernote, it seemed like I some of my notes wouldn't sync up right, or would flat out disappear, which led me to look for other options.

Both are free, so you could try both and see which works out better for you. For me, Springpad is better implemented and a nicer setup overall.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used Simplenote or Catch, but I've used Evernote and Springpad. From my experience, Springpad is better all around. I like the UI and functionality of Springpad better. I've had less issues with Springpad over the long haul. The options are very nice, and the different types of notes that you can take seemed to be superior to the options through Evernote. When I used Evernote, it seemed like I some of my notes wouldn't sync up right, or would flat out disappear, which led me to look for other options.

Both are free, so you could try both and see which works out better for you. For me, Springpad is better implemented and a nicer setup overall.

Thank you.

I don't want anything ad supported and have been trying Catch and Simplenote.

No photo support in Simplenote is something I miss and as I use these I think something that will tag my Dropbox account might be what I really want.

In looking at other apps that use Dropbox I see some export to a folder of Dropbox and others are editors that use the Dropbox folder structure.

Thanks again.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: I've ended up pleased with catch.com. It's simple compared to some but supports making notes around a photo unlike simplenote. You can download your catch.com data for the sake of backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2