Project / Task Management with OneNote vs others...

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, however I am looking for a good solution to help enhance my workflow to ensure I do not miss anything.

I recently migrated away from Evernote due to the price changes. I began using Microsoft OneNote which is offered to me through my work place. I like that OneNote allows you to take full notes and also assign tasks with tags such as check boxes. What I am looking for is a method for OneNote, or a more applicable software package, to look through all of my notes and roll up all of the tags or check boxes onto one running list. When I complete that task, I can check it off on my list and it pushes back to the note it came from.

It is entirely possible that OneNote in the Mac can do this and I just haven't figured out how to make it work yet. I currently have a MacBook Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and an iPhone 6 Plus. So I am looking for something that works well with Apple. I know the Apple Notes app has been overhauled a bit, but I doubt it has these types of features.

I have also used Omnifocus in the past, but it doesn't allow you (to my memory) to store notes, just tasks and projects. I am looking for something to roll all my action items together, through my notes, and even can work with Reminders and due dates with alerts. I also use Fantastical 2 on all my devices, but again, its just calendar and tasks, not notes.

Any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use OneNote daily for work purposes, but I'm not sure it can do what you're seeking. Have you checked out the Informant? I used it years back and loved it, but realized it was way more than I needed.

Informant - Agenda, Tasks, Notes Planner by Fanatic Software, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/qmySw.i

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73