Voice Navigation

froggie#IM

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
so i already did a search for this and nothing came up that helped. i have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS on the Tmobile network. when i try and use the factory navigation app on my phone or the MapQuest app for navigation i never get the spoken turn by turn direction. what could be causing this, is there a good navigation app that will work with voice? thanks.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Navigon for some time now and while it isn't a free app, it's still cheap enough and works very well. I've used this app on a few family vacations this summer and it always got me to my destination with no problem. It is quick to reroute you if you make a wrong turn somewhere.

485e94d9-a4ea-aa8e.jpg

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Navigon for some time now and while it isn't a free app, it's still cheap enough and works very well. I've used this app on a few family vacations this summer and it always got me to my destination with no problem. It is quick to reroute you if you make a wrong turn somewhere.

485e94d9-a4ea-aa8e.jpg

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

How did you get your signal to display as numbers like that? (dMB or dBM or whatever it is, I can't remember right now, it is almost 2am afterall, lol) Did you use an app? Jailbroken? On Blackberry you could enter a code on the keyboard and it would switch. Yours is the first iPhone I've seen with it displayed that way. Would you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How did you get your signal to display as numbers like that? (dMB or dBM or whatever it is, I can't remember right now, it is almost 2am afterall, lol) Did you use an app? Jailbroken? On Blackberry you could enter a code on the keyboard and it would switch. Yours is the first iPhone I've seen with it displayed that way. Would you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I followed the instructions in this link: iPhone iOS 4.1: See Numeric Signal Strength and How to Keep Field Mode Enabled Forever - Tech-Recipes

Reactions: Lylej2k

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work on the Verizon iPhone on 4.2.6. Now that I know what I'm looking for I'm searching around. Should I find it for Verizon, I'll post it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work on the Verizon iPhone on 4.2.6. Now that I know what I'm looking for I'm searching around. Should I find it for Verizon, I'll post it.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were on Verizon. Back when I first tried their iPhone I wasn't able to do this with them. I think this might only work with the GSM iPhone but I'm not positive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77