Garage Band for Original iPad

krlinn

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am basically trying to figure out if it is worth upgrading to iPad2. I do not need the video cameras as my iPhone 4 is just fine for that...however, I do use Garage Band and was wondering if the original iPad will support it. Anyone know?

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I am basically trying to figure out if it is worth upgrading to iPad2. I do not need the video cameras as my iPhone 4 is just fine for that...however, I do use Garage Band and was wondering if the original iPad will support it. Anyone know?

It will. On apple's site under ipad apps it shows Garageband and shows that it's supported by both ipads.

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Smart Instruments - Still using them?

Full Disclosure - we're the developers of Stealth Bee Jam, an iPad music app that is targeted at non-musicians just like GarageBand's Smart Instruments.

We have our opinions about GB's Smart Instruments, but we're very interested in yours.

Some questions:

- Are you still playing with them?
- Have you been able to create songs that are worthy of sharing?
- Did you encounter any limitations?
- What is your wish list for improving Smart Instruments?

Thanks in advance for your perspectives.

-- David

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
it probably might work, but not as well as on the iPad 2. So my recommendation is iPad 2, anything newer from apple is always better.

johnmarshall4

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've ran Garage Band on the iPad 1 and it works just fine. I can verify that external USB mics from Rockband will also work with it. This is a great app! My only complaint so far is that it only supports 4/4 time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2