iPhone gets 2-way video calls to all leading mobile platforms on 3G

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Tried it out with Phil Nickinson and Richard Lai, worked great though iPhone 4 seems to have a bug in that speakerphone won't come on when you're talking with Android :-/

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Were you on 3G, WiFi or both? Someone I
know said it was pretty choppy on 3G, but
then again, it could be AT&T in their area.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Experimented with this tonight. iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, both on WiFi. Took 3 tries to get a solid connection. First time my video went through, his didn't...spontaneous disconnect. Second time nothing happened at all. Third time was the charm, great video...but no audio whatsoever. Tried with and without headset.

So then we tried plain ole FaceTime (plain ole? LOL!) and it worked brilliantly.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got it to work calling my wife on skype (she was on her laptop) and it all worked flawlessly. it was barely delayed audio/video but looked and sounded great!

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't even see any Skype options except in the Dialer where it says "Skype Out". Under add-ons, I don't see Skype or SKP add-ons, so how did you get video calling to a PC to work?

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I may be asking for a bit much, but I'm curious, will this allow you to video chat with someone on say yahoo/aim using a web-cam?

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I got it to work calling my wife on skype (she was on her laptop) and it all worked flawlessly. it was barely delayed audio/video but looked and sounded great!

How did you get this to work? I can't even get Skype to show up as an option to sign into on my iPhone 4. So frustrated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a Fring account already, Jeffnucci? From your Fring account, you just go to More and then Add-ons. From here you'll see the other services you can use with Fring including skype, MSN, Yahoo, etc.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
At one point they removed/blocked access to Skype because that connection was getting hammered... it was not permanently removed, but temporarily blocked.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
when i try and register an account it tells me that the user id is already taken no matter what I put in for the user id I even tried my own name and it didnt accept it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll