iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
OK, so my install of 4.0 went smoothly and eveything seemed to be working well, until this morning. So far my iphone has completely locked up and rebooted itself twice. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I had this happen one time...I went to take a picture and it froze up with the shutter screen; heard it click, click, click like it was trying to make the shutter sound, then just froze. Reset it and everything was fine after that. I did notice that if you turn the phone off, then back on, the apps that were open in the switcher bar are still there.

The title says it all. I noticed on Mac Rumors that some others are having a similar problem. The 3GS with iOS4 charges fine when "on" but when switched off, but plugged in, does not charge.

Neil
I've noticed something similar, but not identical. My 3GS charges when off, but it is noticeably slower than if I have it plugged in while I"m using it. Which is weird, because you would think it would be the opposite. But overall I've had no real charge problems. Battery life seems to be about the same or a tad better. I haven't taken time to play with it and prove this, but it does seem like the battery will drop quite a bit faster with a ton of apps open; of course this just could have been me:cool:

Overall, the only major complaint I have about iOS4 (and it's google's issue, not apple) is that Gmail push >EMAIL< no longer works for me. Calendar and contacts do, but no email. Using IMAP for the time being

I really do like having multiple exchange accounts. I can finally see my wifes google calendar on my iPhone like I used to be able to do when we both had Blackberry's. I have her account info set up as an exchange account, and have only calendar syncing. It's nice to be able to easily set up appointments and know there won't be a conflict. (sure I could call her and ask if we have anything going on, but that just wouldn't be as cool <or efficient!>)

jsc315

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was having wifi problems with my 2G ipod touch earlier. Was also having some weird stuttering problems. What seemed to fix it was restoring my ipod from factory settings and letting the battery run down completely and recharging it completely. Now things are runny smooth as ever. I suggest those having problems to a factory restore.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What I found in the GM seed is that when I am charging the iPhone 3GS when I start to use it a little bit the % goes down and it is something like checking the weather really quickly. Also I have seen the whole phone freeze when using the spotlight search but this has only happened 2 times. Also multitasking seems to lag when trying to quit apps from running in the background. My battery has also has seemed to have taken a turn for the worse and has gotten a lot shorter than when I first got it and I have had it for less than a year. Just some things I have found will post more when I have found some.

BigTex#IM

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
On my 3G it is annoyingly slow. Following major bugs
1.) When I turn the phone back on I have to toggle airplane mode on/off to connect to at&t.
2.) Lost my Google Calendar Sync
3.) Bluetooth auto connect works intermittently
4.) SLOW response when switching between apps and typing

Can anyone advise me how I can downgrade BACK to 3.1.3? I hate ios4!

dmchen#IM

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I am not seeing the Accounts button in the top left corner of my Notes application. Thought there was supposed to be one where you could specify which notes you saw, as well as specifying account info so you can sync. Am I missing something obvious? Do others have this button? Thx.

jmoo2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not seeing the Accounts button in the top left corner of my Notes application. Thought there was supposed to be one where you could specify which notes you saw, as well as specifying account info so you can sync. Am I missing something obvious? Do others have this button? Thx.

I don't have the button either. I THINK it's cos I only have one account that notes can sync with. Syncing (via gMail) at least works for me.

jmpropst

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
keyboard lost

On my ipod touch after upgrading to ios4, when I try to access the keyboard in quickword the keyboard appears for an instant and then exits quickoffice and reverts back to the ipod's main screen so that all I see is those cute little icons that let me know about all the wonderful apps I can access. Anyone else having this problem? I'm a newbie to the ipod/iphone world.
jmpropst

Last edited:

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
SMS sent failure notifications?

I thought one of the new features was that if you send an sms and it fails to send, there will be a red "!" badge on the SMS icon. I've had a few send failures today but no badge on the icon.

Anyone else experience this?

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
On my ipod touch after upgrading to ios4 the keyboard when I go to access the keyboard in quickword the keyboard appears for an instant and then exits quickoffice and reverts back to the ipod's main screen so that all I see is those cute little icons that let me know about all the wonderful apps I can access. Anyone else having this problem? I'm a newbie to the ipod/iphone world.
jmpropst

I did hve that happen in safari while trying type a reply here in tipb. A reboot took care of it and I've yet to see it again. If that doesn't work you could try deleting and reinstall; some people have said that has worked for them. If none of that works you may just have to report it to the developer. I know a lot of them are plain catch-up now that the final release is out. I spoke via email with one who said that apple had some stuff in the beta that the developer didn't apple would leave in since it would mess with many apps, but they left it. I did get a free t-shirt from the developer for taking the time to report the bug. Ironically it was opposite of your problem- the keyboard would pop up and not go away.

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
While iOS 4 is resoundingly good, I feel the access to "fast app switching" has shown itself clunky. I really miss the double tap to favorites feature. Now I have to tap phone, then tap favorites to get to this daily function. Not a big deal, bit when I am driving it becomes a pretty big distraction. Especially because this function used to "just work". I think this is an unrated fail in the new OS and really wish t
Apple would provide a different pathway. Voice recognition does not work as reliably and the extra time it takes my eyes away from the road is distracting. Give me a "multi app" option on the dock, or (god forbid) a second button to customize. A new phone OS should make it easier to make calls, not add an extra step.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I thought one of the new features was that if you send an sms and it fails to send, there will be a red "!" badge on the SMS icon. I've had a few send failures today but no badge on the icon.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes, it does it on mine - it also did it on OS 3.1. If you click on the red exclamation mark you get a message that states that the message was not sent and offers to either cancel it or send it again.

lori10

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
ive updated the itunes9.2 but not synced my phone in to do the ios4 yet, but keep hearing about how bad it's made the battery, has anyone else had that problem yet ?

broxman

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
battery seems ok now

I posted in this thread on the 23rd that my battery ran down overnight from 48% to 7% with nothing running. It's now been 2 days and nights use and the problem has not happened again. Maybe it was a calibration issue on the battery meter or readout after the upgrade. Don't know but it seems ok now. (fingers crossed since others are reporting battery issues!)

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it does it on mine - it also did it on OS 3.1. If you click on the red exclamation mark you get a message that states that the message was not sent and offers to either cancel it or send it again.

Yeah that's how it works normally. I'm referring to the new feature where you're supposed to see that warning badge on the Message icon itself...that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Also has anyone gotten the inline video to work? I've tried various websites and video still seems to open to the standalone player.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2