iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

RocketmanNY

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Google Sync of Contacts and Calendar

Updated my 3GS. Contacts and calendar events, which are sync'ed with Google as an Exchange account, all disappeared. Contacts slowly re-sync'ing (have 25% so far after 2 hrs). Calendar events returned when the sync was set for 1 month back but all disappeared again and not returning now that I have set the default to All Events. A real pain.

Also had the visual voice mail issue but once it asked me for my login code, visual VM returned.

Is there anyway to force the Google sync to occur?

3GS 16G v3.1.3 to v4.0

Update: an hour later...
  • Google contacts have sync'ed to 55% of total (at 25 contacts at a time) - I only have 800 contacts;
  • Google calendar seems to have fully sync'ed but had to change iPhone settings to only sync 3 months back (prefer to All Events);
  • phone favorites slowly re-populating with proper names instead of phone numbers as contacts are updated;
  • no issues with photos or wifi

- this is a slow pain in the butt

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3rd Gen 8 GB touch. When I first downloaded iOS 4, it was super slow on my iPod. The slide to unlock slider took 15 seconds to unlock the iPod. Scrolling through the home screen took forever. It wouldn't even let me make folders in less than 30 seconds. But then, it started getting loads faster. Now it's even faster than it was before the update. However, when the iPod is locked, the screen no longer lights up for me to slide to unlock unless I press the home button. Pressing the power button no longer works for that function. I don't know if that's intended or not, but it kind of makes me mad. After almost a year of pressing the power button, I'll press it up to three times before remembering that the new OS no longer allows me to do that, and then I'll have to press the home button. But iBooks is kind of laggy.

There is no 3rd Gen 8 GB iPod Touch.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
Paul,

I resolved this by setting my phone up as if it was new again. I was going to have to rearrange all my apps into folders any way, right? :rolleyes:

Thanks, I actually just got done doing this...so far so good...only bad thing is I'm out of town on business so all my music, apps, etc. are all on my home computer...

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
My update: iPhone 3G

Started my backup about 2 hours and 15 mins ago and the progress bar is about 8% (between the "c" and "k" in "backing up iPhone..."

Has anyone had to wait this long for the back-up portion?

brownie

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Missing apps located

After updating, I hardly had any apps left on my 3G. Finally figured out that the missing ones did not have a custom icon in iTunes - just the generic "A" symbol. Here's the solution (worked for me, anyway): In iTunes, go to Apps (under Library) and double click on any app that is missing (probably the ones with a generic icon). iTunes will say it can't find the app file and ask if you want to locate it. Click locate and navigate to your iTunes folder/iTunes Music/Mobile Applications. You should find your apps there, and can then locate each one for iTunes.
Your apps may be in a different location, so just search for one and you'll probably find the rest.
Hope it works for you!

Updating from 3.1.3 on iTunes 9.2, OS X 10.6.4, iPhone 3G.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I read on the apple website forums, that, during the long backup period you can watch a backup file grow in size. Anyone know the path of this file on a PC? You could actually track progress here.

I was thinking of doing the shift-restore procedure, but I dont know the path of the update file for a PC? Does anyone else? Thanks.

IMFSHN

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I restarted my laptop, attached my iPhone,brought up iTunes and as it was syncing this time it said "Optimizing Photos for IMFSHN's iPhone. After the sync was complete the pictures were back to normal, and maybe even a little better. ; )

maxxxx

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Passcode

Cannot turn off autolock or adjust passcode time amount when using Exchange Activesync with a google apps account. Suspect it is a problem on Google's end and that need to change the security policy on Google Apps accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

I have this issue and I have changed my Google Apps policy. The Auto Lock interval is still grayed out the only setting for "Require passcode" is "Immediately".

omg_its_kerri

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
After installing iOS 4 on my 3Gs, I lost the capability to send MMS messages. I thought that maybe the MMS option had been turned off in settings. I checked and the option is gone entirely. I restored my phone and reinstalled the new OS, but still have no MMS capabilities. Is anyone else experiencing this?

yknock1

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem. Talked to AT&T who hooked me up with Apple. Apple said to do a restore (from inside iTunes). So I sync'd and then did a restore. 3G worked after that. I am in the process of restoring from my last backup.

Im having the same problem and have tried everything with no luck.

dkunzman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3GS 16gb White

Updated to 4.
I removed almost everything I could.
Backed up and commenced update.

The update at the 15 minute mark crashed. No error - just a message to restore my phone.

Disconnected - restored - at the end of the restore process got the "unknown error (1161)".

Started restore again. Took 25 minutes and worked.
Issues:
1. Maps - Show Traffic will not load or only partially load
2. Maps - Reloads on Hide Traffic - old version was an overlay.
3. Exchange Server - failed to work with only a "cannot update" error message. - issue solved by resetting 8 character pin code
4. Had several apps "not loaded" due to not compatible with OS4 - had to go through list to figure out what ones
5. Music library - only 2/3 loaded - had to resync to get remainder to load
6. Camera resolution not as good as before - why. When download photos resolution is different.

Will post more as I find them
:cool:

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
It took almost 2 hours for the entire process but so far everything works fine. There is some lag in loading some programs. I have a 3G 8gig.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I've not had a single crash and I have down right put this thing through the paces since installing.

Same here. I went from 4.0 GM to the release version and didn't have an issue with the update, nor have I had any issues with the app/hardware since the update. Everything seems to be working great. I did have to reboot it to get Dropbox working properly. But, that is my fault. I always reboot as soon as the backup/update/restore finishes and I didn't do that this time. I've found that if I reboot right after any update, no matter how moderate, I have virtually no problems.

Jazzman#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
iPod app would not stay open or play.

OK I've checked almost every problem that others have posted here on my 3Gs. And the good news is looks like most of them are not universal problems. No problem with the install, MMS, maps, mobileme sync, all good.

Not sure yet, but battery power seems as good or better than before.

Also ringtones are playing through to my Jawbone 2, which is great.

I did have the same VVM problem, which went away.

But, there has been some wierdness...

iPod app would launch, then quit after 2-3 seconds. Other methods of playing music would also fail, like double click home when iPhone is locked and hit play, voice control, etc. Reboot didn't fix it. However, it did fix itself after syncing again with iTunes. Bizarre.

Dislikes: Every app you launch stays running in background? Not being able to make home button go to favorites, or pop up iPod control directly.

D

3Gs not JB, 3.13 -> 4.0

stam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this was posted yet: iOS4 finally includes birthday data from contacts in the calendar. GLITCH: some birthdays are showing up on a day later even if contact info has correct day.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711