Anybody see this issue? Anytime I delete a photo or video in the photo album, the photo/video goes away, but in its place is a random black box...
    06-30-2010 12:48 AM
    Anybody see this issue? Anytime I delete a photo or video in the photo album, the photo/video goes away, but in its place is a random black box...
    I did see it once or twice the first day... but not since... don't know what changed to make it stop, but I haven't seen it since the first day (Thursday, 6/24).
    06-30-2010 01:15 AM
    I didn't get any. There must be some.
    06-30-2010 03:44 AM
    I do the same thing but since I updated last night my music works for about 5 secs then closes. Have you had this issue before?
    06-30-2010 11:25 AM
    WOW. 34 pages and not one other person has this issue... hopefully that means I am missing something...

iPod Touch, 32GB, 3rd Generation, 3.1.3 -> iOS4

Music: Songs do not play in album order. They will ONLY play in random order. There is a greyed out "shuffle" button when viewing an album's song list... pressing it will cause the album to be played in random order. NOT pressing it and just using the PLAY button does the same thing. There seems to be NO way to just hear the songs in order. I checked in Settings, nothing there.

I stopped Music from the little hidden window when you double click the Home button, rebooted and nothing. It is driving me crazy. I have an album I just want to listen to from beginning to end, in order and that ability is just gone.

How do you get an album to just play in the regular song order of the album?

I even tried making a playlist and adding only the album songs. Hitting play still plays the songs in random order the same as if using the shuffle button.

Shake to shuffle is turned OFF. I can not find any other place where there is a box checked that says "Always play in shuffle mode". It's annoying enough that I would gladly go back to 3.13 if that was possible. There are no real benefits that I would choose over just being able to listen to an album NOT shuffled.

Apps: In the app store, when searching... the keyboard will not go away. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the iPod. This does not always happen.

There are several apps that do not work at all with iOS4: Free RSS Reader, iStroboSoft, iChalky, ThumbJam.... but that falls on the app developers to fix... several have posted they are working on it.
    06-30-2010 03:46 PM
    The only issue i have had with my iphone 4 is the reception loss, but it hasn't caused me to drop any calls.
    06-30-2010 08:48 PM
    YES! Happens to me all the time
    07-01-2010 01:48 PM
    the 4.0 on the 3g just sucks. i wish there was a way to go back to the old os. i think the problem is that 4.0 is too heavy for the hardware in the 3g or 3gs
    07-01-2010 03:36 PM
    The only issue i have had with my iphone 4 is the reception loss, but it hasn't caused me to drop any calls.

we are not discussing the iphone 4 we are talking about the os 4.0 on the 3g and 3gs
    07-01-2010 03:37 PM
    the 4.0 on the 3g just sucks. i wish there was a way to go back to the old os. i think the problem is that 4.0 is too heavy for the hardware in the 3g or 3gs
    There is a way, but back on topic.
    07-01-2010 04:02 PM
    Just recently installed this and yet to play about with it but I've already noticed that my Ipod icon is missing

Can anyone suggest how I can get this back so I can play my music !
    07-01-2010 06:05 PM
    my iphone 3Gs 16gig MC model went blind (DARK) i mean completely black even worst than black screen of death.
    it doesn't show me anything even when i tried to put it in DFU mode, tried to restore it also cos it showed up in iTunes in Recovery mode, but to no vail, it says that your iphone is ineligible for this build... tried custom fw but it alwayz gives me errors like this, 1604 and 1601. pls i need help frm anybody as quick as possible cos i dont have any other means of communicating with my friends and loved ones. thanx
    07-02-2010 08:02 AM
    There is a way, but back on topic.
    Ok! How do I go back to 3.1.3?

Thanks!
    07-02-2010 12:43 PM
    When in iOS 4 (i'm using the iphone 4) apps in a folder that are being updated or installed will be moved from the folders and added to the main screen if the phone is reset.
    07-02-2010 01:15 PM
    Hi all,

So, since my upgrade on my 3gs, my visual voicemail no longer works. I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with ATT tech support, and still no voice mail.

Sol
    07-02-2010 03:09 PM
    The issue I have been having (among some of the others previously listed) is that for a while logging into secure websites (secured online accounts) work fine for a little while then it just stops. Acts like a wrong username/or password and just refreshes the page. The only way I have been able to get it working again is to use the RESET ALL SETTINGS option.
    07-02-2010 06:50 PM
    I am having CRAZY battery issues. Never had such a thing before.

My phone is sucking as much power with the screen off and locked as it used to when I was sitting and pounding web pages. It's insane. I've rebooted, followed all the procedures short of reflashing my phone and losing all my data.

I hope this is addressed in this new update that is coming - I've never had anything like this happen before, but it's making my iPhone rather useless when just reading or sending a single text message takes 1% off my battery.
    07-02-2010 10:11 PM
    iPhone 3G user here. Yes, I have the same complaints after 'upgrading'(?) to iOS 4. I haven't really noticed batt life that much reduced, but the lag...OMG, the Lag is really frustrating as well as the continuous app crashing. I imagine that the will fix some or most of this with some updates, but I wish I had known. I would not have upgraded. I, too have an iPhone 4 on the way, and am not the least bit unhappy that it will be the third batch out of the manufacturing plant. My hope is that a few of these aforementioned bugs will be well on their way to being addressed by the time mine gets here.
    Another thing: Wouldn't it be nice if Apple made it Easy to downgrade to OS 3 once you've already upgraded your
    Device, but decided that you didn't want to sacrifice speed for 'folders' and a system-wide 'spell-checker'? It seems a little unnecessary that you have to jump through so many hoops in order to downgrade to the previous OS.
    Thoughts?
    07-02-2010 10:25 PM
    I live in France, i upgraded my 3Gs to ios4 via itunes and all is well, i have zoom, folders etc...the only problem is i cant use it as a phone! after around 3mins 45secs of every call the phone cuts off and reboots..i have tried everything speaker on/off holding /not holding etc etc but always the same result...a phone that you cant use as a phone is next to useless!

ps. (battery life was improved by stopping apps running in sysytray, double click home then touch one of the apps showing.. a red bar appears and you can delete by touching))
    07-03-2010 09:26 AM
    On my 3Gs
    1. My battery drains in 2 hours.
    2. My camera locks up, or fires 4 or 5 times.
    3. My calls don't disconnect when I hit the END CALL icon.
    4. Several apps will open then close. I may have to open them 2 or 3 times before they stay open.
    5. Remote for my iTunes is spotty at best.

How do I revert back to my previous OS? iOS4 SUCKS!!!!!!! Much like the rest of their products
    07-03-2010 11:38 AM
    AWADE

Ditto with the battery issue
    07-03-2010 11:40 AM
    My whole iPod lags. Even while listening to music, sometimes the song will start lagging.
    The worst part is that apps always crash. They freeze, go black, and then just go back to the home menu or the folder.
    The internet is very jumpy too
    The battery life is very, very bad now. I have to recharge almost every day, and I dont use it all so much.
    Considering downgrading. Well, only a matter of time till I do.
    07-03-2010 10:41 PM
    How do I downgrade to 3.1.3?
    07-04-2010 11:12 AM
    I've noticed a small but annoying problem with my iPhone 4...when I want to type a long dash, I've always taken these steps:

1) press/hold 123 button
    2) slide to dash, wait for extra characters to appear
    3) slide to long dash, lift finger to insert and return to QWERTY keyboard

Now, more often than not, the extra characters never appear if I "slide" my way to the small dash; they only show if I first switch to the punctuation keyboard by tapping the 123, NOT using the press/hold method.
    07-04-2010 11:21 AM
    Ok! How do I go back to 3.1.3?

Thanks!
    Try searching around the forums. There are a lot of topics on the matter.
    07-04-2010 01:30 PM
404 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD