Atomic Web Browser

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't see it here yet. Has anyone tried the atomic web browser for the iPad? You can use multi touch gestures and have multiple tabs open! It's pretty sweet and only $0.99 so it was worth it in my opinion. So far I'm loving it. Only annoying thing is when you go to bookmarks the imported bookmarks is just another thing you got to click on it can't be defaulted to open there or I haven't figured it out yet. Check it out and let me know what you think.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
BrianT; said:
Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't see it here yet. Has anyone tried the atomic web browser for the iPad? You can use multi touch gestures and have multiple tabs open! It's pretty sweet and only $0.99 so it was worth it in my opinion. So far I'm loving it. Only annoying thing is when you go to bookmarks the imported bookmarks is just another thing you got to click on it can't be defaulted to open there or I haven't figured it out yet. Check it out and let me know what you think.

You can move any sub folders or bookmarks outside the imported bookmarks folder. Just click the edit button the click on the bookmark or folder and you should be given a location setting. Change it there.

HTH!.

Ron_L

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Atomic for the past few days and it has replaced Safari as my goto browser. There are a couple of issues, however.

1. With some forums (specifically vBulletin forums) I am unable to post or reply unless I set the browser type in atomic to Safari Mobile. It's not a huge issue except some forums automatically switch to the mobile style sheet when they detect a mobile browser. I've contacted the developer and he is looking at it.

2. I am unable to scroll the text inside of windows on some web sites (Yahoo mail, for example). This is becoming a bigger issue but still not bad enough to give up on atomic.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I've been using Atomic for the past few days and it has replaced Safari as my goto browser. There are a couple of issues, however.

2. I am unable to scroll the text inside of windows on some web sites (Yahoo mail, for example). This is becoming a bigger issue but still not bad enough to give up on atomic.

I keep going back and forth between Atomic and iCab Mobile on my iPad. As for #2, try using the mobile version of Yahoo mail. I find it works well, even on the iPad larger screen.

Ron_L

May 9, 2010
Visit site
JGold; said:
I keep going back and forth between Atomic and iCab Mobile on my iPad. As for #2, try using the mobile version of Yahoo mail. I find it works well, even on the iPad larger screen.

Thanks. I did try yahoo mobile but the font is so big on the iPad screen!

I haven't tried iCab mobile. I'll look at it.

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Atomic Web Browser is really amazing. It has replaced safari in my dock and I am in love. Using it right now and I recommend it to anyone looking for a browser that is more like desktop clients.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2