Now deposit cheque on iPhone: Technologically Advanced Banking

refil

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Now no need of going to banks for cheque deposition. With the launch of the new iPhone application USAA Deposit@Mobile you will be able to deposit the cheques with your iPhone. The application enables a customer to photograph both sides of the cheque with the iPhone camera and the amazing feature of the application is that on taking the cheque image with your iPhone camera and hitting the button, your check will be sent for processing into the bank?s deposit-taking system.

Click here for detailed information.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It only works if you bank with USAA. USAA is the bank/insurer of military members and their families, so if you aren't with them, you aren't likely to join them.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Now no need of going to banks for cheque deposition. With the launch of the new iPhone application USAA Deposit@Mobile you will be able to deposit the cheques with your iPhone. The application enables a customer to photograph both sides of the cheque with the iPhone camera and the amazing feature of the application is that on taking the cheque image with your iPhone camera and hitting the button, your check will be sent for processing into the bank?s deposit-taking system.

Click here for detailed information.
I have wondered how long it would take someone to start doing this. Under the new laws and procedures, only the bank of first depeosit ever sees the paper check. The bank on which the check is drawn rarely sees more than an image in any case. There is some small risk that a check might be presented twice but almost none that it will be paid twice.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
this was discussed a few weeks ago when USAA first started offering it. i am a long-time USAA member, and the app is FANTASTIC!! no more mailing in checks and waiting 3-5 days for it to deposit. now you just endorse the check, snap a pic of the front & back, then send the pics to USAA. auto deposit! awesome.

for those of you unfamiliar with USAA, they cater mostly to military families. the bank has no branch offices (other than the main office in San Antonio) so their overhead cost is very low. so they in turn, offer great rates to it's members.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As another long time USAA member, I regularly sing their praises for innovation. As they have no branches, they also wave ATM fees. All the time. Everywhere.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Is the banking services available to anyone or just military personnel?

Just customer's of this bank. Hopefully, the promoters of this service will franchise it to other banks.

Note that banks now expect us to accept images. One of my banks and one of my credit unions do not even give me those unless I ask for them. Even then, I get a pdf online. What is sauce for the goose should be good enough for the gander.

Collectively banks are very conservative. However, they were among the first institutions in our society to use technology to revolutionize how they do business.

When I was young, and selling tech to banks, one of my mentors taught that "bankers are sheep," they will all do what the leaders do.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2