Preordering as a new customer

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me... I’m currently on Sprint but when the next iPhones come out we’re going to switch to Verizon. My question is I want to preorder 3 phones is there anyway to start Verizon account while preordering from Apple? Or would I need to actually go in the store and try my luck the morning of the launch?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don’t believe Apple allows switching carriers at the time of preorder. You could always switch to Verizon now with your existing phones (assuming they’re unlocked) and then simply upgrade the devices using your existing Verizon account at preorder. That’s what I did a few years ago and everything went very smoothly.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I switched to Verizon during the pre-order of the 6.and then again later on when the s7 edge was about to release. They would just do the pre-order set up an account with temporary numbers so they could initiate the pre-order and lock in whatever deals are going at the time. After receiving the device numbers would be transfered and whatever else needs to be changed. It can be done over the phone but is better if you go in to a store.