I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted
    That is true
    They are machines afterall and nothing is perfect.
    08-19-2017 02:21 AM
    I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted
    Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-19-2017 07:09 AM
    Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.
    Hardware and software integration at its best
    If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.
    08-19-2017 07:11 AM
    Hardware and software integration at its best
    If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.
    Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-19-2017 07:15 AM
    Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.

Everyone should appreciate both OS instead of being so negative about one or the other.
    TgeekB, bchain996 and TheLegoJoker like this.
    08-19-2017 05:04 PM
    I'm cool with it, except for the price.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-25-2017 09:40 AM
    When people ask me stuff that i Like on iOS vs Android, I tell them that iOS doesn't loose it's performance or have as many performance issues. But you're right, there's no holy grail of optimization, even iphones lag and crash
    09-09-2017 05:30 AM
    Well I switched to using a Galaxy S8 Plus when they came out. Since then my iPhone seems tired compared to it. Still love my 7 Plus though. After some thoughts on it I'm sticking with my 7 Plus as a back up and actually going for the new Note upon its arrival. Samsung did such a nice job with the S8 Plus I can't ignore the new Note. And with what I'm hearing of rumors on the new iPhone actually seems to copy what android has been doing for some time. I also like the fact android is so open an OS, whereas Apple's is so closed.

Apple needs to do more than what the rumors suggest for me to consider it this time around. Been loving my S8 Plus. Looking forward to the Note. Will keep my eye on new iPhone.
    This is how I'm feeling as well. Face ID seems like a plan B that had to be evoked when fingerprint scanning could not be integrated under the glass. Leaving the sensors at the top in the "notch" is a weak engineering cop-out and the UI/UX will suffer as a result. Like the Essential phone, the iPhone is looking like it is trading hardware bezels for software bezels.
    firedept10 likes this.
    09-11-2017 12:52 PM
33 12