I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted
    That is true
    They are machines afterall and nothing is perfect.
    08-19-2017 03:21 AM
    I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted
    Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-19-2017 08:09 AM
    Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.
    Hardware and software integration at its best
    If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.
    08-19-2017 08:11 AM
    Hardware and software integration at its best
    If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.
    Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-19-2017 08:15 AM
    Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.

Everyone should appreciate both OS instead of being so negative about one or the other.
    08-19-2017 06:04 PM
    I'm cool with it, except for the price.
    dejanh and mayconvert like this.
    08-25-2017 10:40 AM
    When people ask me stuff that i Like on iOS vs Android, I tell them that iOS doesn't loose it's performance or have as many performance issues. But you're right, there's no holy grail of optimization, even iphones lag and crash
    09-09-2017 06:30 AM
    Well I switched to using a Galaxy S8 Plus when they came out. Since then my iPhone seems tired compared to it. Still love my 7 Plus though. After some thoughts on it I'm sticking with my 7 Plus as a back up and actually going for the new Note upon its arrival. Samsung did such a nice job with the S8 Plus I can't ignore the new Note. And with what I'm hearing of rumors on the new iPhone actually seems to copy what android has been doing for some time. I also like the fact android is so open an OS, whereas Apple's is so closed.

Apple needs to do more than what the rumors suggest for me to consider it this time around. Been loving my S8 Plus. Looking forward to the Note. Will keep my eye on new iPhone.
    This is how I'm feeling as well. Face ID seems like a plan B that had to be evoked when fingerprint scanning could not be integrated under the glass. Leaving the sensors at the top in the "notch" is a weak engineering cop-out and the UI/UX will suffer as a result. Like the Essential phone, the iPhone is looking like it is trading hardware bezels for software bezels.
    firedept10 likes this.
    09-11-2017 01:52 PM
    I'm indifferent. If it's not an updated SE, I don't care.
    I also have an SE with 128 GB of internal storage, love it. I have the iPhone 7 & the Samsung Galaxy S8, my SE is my favorite. I would hope that Apple continues the updating of the iPhone SE, best design to date.
    Vinny
    libra89 and ruger141 like this.
    10-10-2017 07:36 AM
    I have an LG G5 and an iPhone 6S. Currently using the 6s. I've been an Android guy most of my smartphone years, not counting the Windows Mobile phones.

I quite like the 6s. The iPhone X finally looks like an Android phone. And it has features that Android has had for years now.

If I upgrade, it'll probably be to the iPhone 7. The 8 looks nice but the battery swelling and cracking of phones doesn't. The iPhone X is prohibitively expensive.
    10-10-2017 09:06 AM
    the X looks great. anyone who buys it will be happy i'm sure.
    I went ahead and got the iPhone 8 but I am also getting a Note 8.
    Love both operating systems, so I want both phones.
    areyes163 and DEman19901 like this.
    10-10-2017 11:41 PM
    the X looks great. anyone who buys it will be happy i'm sure.
    I went ahead and got the iPhone 8 but I am also getting a Note 8.
    Love both operating systems, so I want both phones.
    I agree. Both platforms have their respective strengths. I had the Note 8 and it was an amazing device for sure. I ended up getting a 8 plus also and trading in my Note. In the end iOS works best for me.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:43 PM
    I agree. Both platforms have their respective strengths. I had the Note 8 and it was an amazing device for sure. I ended up getting a 8 plus also and trading in my Note. In the end iOS works best for me.
    I think I'm in the same boat as you. I've loved Android for a very long time, and I've even pre-ordered a Pixel. BUT, I'm starting to think that iOS just works better for me. I'm dangerously close to cancelling my order and going with an 8 or 8 Plus (with my fingers crossed that I'll be able to snag an X). The whole cohesive ecosystem is dragging me in.
    areyes163 likes this.
    10-11-2017 11:10 AM
    I think I'm in the same boat as you. I've loved Android for a very long time, and I've even pre-ordered a Pixel. BUT, I'm starting to think that iOS just works better for me. I'm dangerously close to cancelling my order and going with an 8 or 8 Plus (with my fingers crossed that I'll be able to snag an X). The whole cohesive ecosystem is dragging me in.
    Ha. Your exactly like me. I had the pixel ordered as well. Both the Panda and the black lol. I have issues. lol
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    10-11-2017 12:45 PM
    Ha. Your exactly like me. I had the pixel ordered as well. Both the Panda and the black lol. I have issues. lol
    Oh I definitely have issues. I just think at this stage in my life Apple makes the most sense over the new shiny thing.
    10-11-2017 12:52 PM
    Oh I definitely have issues. I just think at this stage in my life Apple makes the most sense over the new shiny thing.
    But.... isn't the iPhone X the new shiny thing? Looks too much like an Android now.
    10-18-2017 03:10 PM

Like notes. I don't like idea of my iPhone notes not being secured especially after icloud hack.. Would rather password encrypted notes app for example
    Yeah that’s understandable, fun fact though, in the current versions of iOS, I think since the debut of iOS 10, we can lock notes with a password and/or fingerprint with TouchID. One of the things I wish though is a passcode for a specific app, so that when the Messages app is opened, I verify with TouchID or else it doesn’t view the messages. I would like that kind of privacy.
    10-25-2017 12:53 PM
    I don't like idea of my iPhone notes not being secured especially after icloud hack.. Would rather password encrypted notes app for example

You can lock Notes. Also iCloud was never hacked per se. It was simple phishing attacks, and these dumb celebrities used the same passwords across the board.
    10-29-2017 10:27 AM
    As a former Android user (switched with the 6s after using Android since the OG Moto Droid) here's my take. If I was going for a current Android phone it would be the Pixel 2 (not the XL due to the screen issues). I hate Samsung's skins even though their hardware is nice, but also I've seen their curved screen edges and don't like them. They feel nice, but have an IMO ugly visual distortion.

I actually have an X on the way for this Friday and to put it in perspective I haven't been this excited about a phone since both the OG Droid and the Galaxy Nexus. Of course the Droid was the first "mainstream" Android phone after the T-Mobile one and came with all the fun new stuff like free GPS navigation etc. The Galaxy Nexus was Samsung but a Nexus line so direct updates from Google and no skins and the first version of Google's much better looking OS, no physical buttons, etc. The Galaxy Nexus was a major milestone for Google (battery issues aside) and I believe the X is for Apple as well.
    10-30-2017 06:56 PM
    But.... isn't the iPhone X the new shiny thing? Looks too much like an Android now.
    It’s one of the shiny new things in the recent year with all the latest phones.

Is there a way to change the iPhone without making it look like an Android?

iPhone has an iconic look, since it is known to keep the same form factors for multiple years. During those years, Android has made everything under the sun. If they made a curved screen on the sides, people would say it looks like a Samsung. If they made it with multiple colors or materials on the back (or put Touch ID on the back), people might say it looks like a Pixel, Samsung, or previous Nexus devices. Anything they do to change the form factor would be looking like an Android phone since there are so many. Worse, if they didn’t make a design change, they would be accused even more of being behind the curve in terms of innovation, being boring since it looks the same. So I can see why people would say that the iPhone X looks like an Android phone, since it is finally an overhaul on the design form factor since 2014. Perhaps this is why they kept the same design for the 7 and the 8, which are basically the 6 and 6s with small cosmetic changes but the same overall design looks. I feel the iPhone X overhaul is making it really stand out from the rest of the shiny new things this year since it’s finally moving away from the iconic look.

That gives me hope for the future designs of the Apple Watch and the iPad, since there is so much excitement for the design change of iPhone X
    10-30-2017 10:12 PM
45 12