Leaked iPhone 8 Schematic

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think it's defi Italy going to be an OLED for the premium iPhone I model. I've also seen consistent reports that Apple can't supply enough OLED panels for both the 8 and the us/7s+ models. They'll likely make one final year of an LCD iPhone and then next cycle switch completely.

As for wireless charging, if Apple doesn't include it in all models going forward it will continue to lag further and further behind. The technology is well established and was the norm for flagship in 2015.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hearing now the next phone will be the 7s with limited updates, and next year gets the "8" model. Also another rumor saying they'll release both, so the 7s in September, and then when it's ready, the 8.
Maybe I should get that 7 Plus now!

TG_USMC_VET

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Hearing now the next phone will be the 7s with limited updates, and next year gets the "8" model. Also another rumor saying they'll release both, so the 7s in September, and then when it's ready, the 8.
Maybe I should get that 7 Plus now!

I have the 7+ now, so I'm going to hold off until the 8 is released.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they do opt for an industry standard wireless charger, but when I had other phones with wireless charging I never bought the chargers, why should I spend $50 (or in Apple's case more) for a wireless charger when a cable will do the trick. Its a nice benefit, but not a must have and if that is factor for a larger price point then forget it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hopefully they do opt for an industry standard wireless charger, but when I had other phones with wireless charging I never bought the chargers, why should I spend $50 (or in Apple's case more) for a wireless charger when a cable will do the trick. Its a nice benefit, but not a must have and if that is factor for a larger price point then forget it.

Exactly the way I feel. I've had 3 phones that had wireless charging, but the convenience isn't worth it to me. Especially with USB-C and lightning being reversible. Long Range wireless would be worth it though.

cdasilvadi

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing the vertical camera would make a big difference in landscape photos and video shooting since apple is focused on showing camera shooting abilities on the iPhone I can see panoramas being taken more seriously on the iPhone if apple utilizes the dual camera in that manor. Since the only portrait photos we take are selfies the daul horizontal cameras on the front will handle that just fine. Hope apple embeds the Touch ID and brings some type of touch bar feel as well.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
please no fingerprint sensor on the back
As long as Touch ID isn't on the back, I'm fine.
FPS on the back wouldn't be a good look!

Maybe I'm just the odd one out then. I think having the scanner embedded in the Apple logo would be awesome :)
It's at a nice hight and wouldn't require that much additional work. Its already a mostly circular shape, excluding the Apple stem at the top.

Is there something I'm maybe not seeing? Does it look bad on the Google Pixel? (for example)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is also basically the same image but has a front portion to it. (attached below) This is definitely nothing official and all rumours at this point :)

The one thing that i found interesting is the display resolution. Apple have always had weird resolutions and never stuck to the standard 720p or 1080p except for their recent 'Plus' models. But when you see resolutions like 2800 x 1242 its definitely out of the ordinary. :D (625 PPI)

iPhone 7s.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just the odd one out then. I think having the scanner embedded in the Apple logo would be awesome :)
It's at a nice hight and wouldn't require that much additional work. Its already a mostly circular shape, excluding the Apple stem at the top.

Is there something I'm maybe not seeing? Does it look bad on the Google Pixel? (for example)

For me it's not so much the looks as it is how i use my phone. The majority of my day is at a desk where I listen to podcasts, radio and music all day. A rear sensor requires me to lift my phone to unlock it when I need to quickly do something. As it stands now, I can do everything I need to do without actually picking my phone up from my desk. I also enjoy the way Touch ID functions with the sensor on the front. I also have several fingers registered because the way I use my phone varies throughout the day and sometimes it's more convenient to unlock with my index finger over my thumb. I had a rear sensor in one of the HTC devices I used in the past and I wasn't a huge fan.

Could I get used to a rear sensor? Absolutely. It would just be a change I'm personally not a fan of. But it's not the end of the world.

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
How so? Are you referring to the orientation (vertical vs horizontal)? From what I've read that's for VR features, so we'll see!

Yeah, something about the orientation. Having it way off to the side like that looks a little weird, considering that a good number of phones try to keep it in the center.

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
I am waiting to see if there are any really evolutionary changes planned... Apple really does make a solid and compelling line of products.

Cheers,
BR

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2