What made you choose the 8 plus over the X ?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Just curious for all who said Touch ID. What are you going to do the next time you upgrade with Apple going away from home button on all devices? Times are changing.

Not use Touch ID? When not given a choice you adapt and overcome. I had a choice so I stayed with TID.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just curious for all who said Touch ID. What are you going to do the next time you upgrade with Apple going away from home button on all devices? Times are changing.

Potentially look at android phones that have fingerprint scanners. It's not that I oppose face id that much, I just like the 6/7/8+ design and I actually like bezels. It gives me a place to put my thumb when I'm reading. Also use the bezels to kinda balance such a big phone as well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not use Touch ID? When not given a choice you adapt and overcome. I had a choice so I stayed with TID.

I was skeptical about Face ID too because it was so awful on the Samsung s8+. It was horrible. But now that I have it and apples version of it, I couldn’t imagine going back to Touch ID. I’ve always had very dry hands. Bad enough that my skin cracks. Touch ID often failed for me. Like maybe 1/3 of the time at least. Or if my hands were moist from a shower or doing dishes, it often failed for me. Now I don’t have any issues unlocking with Face ID. It literally works 99% of the time for me. Unfortunately Touch ID was never a great option for me. I ended up putting in my passcode way too often. I think most adapted very well to Face ID. There will always be a few that say they didn’t like it.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of the home button and Touch ID. Not averse to Face ID at all but the swing for me was the size. As someone who had always said they’d stay away from plus size phones eventually the added screen size was the swing for me

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
For me fingerprint is more convinient, have my phone in a cardholder in my car and when it's placed on my desk at work it's easy to unlock it with fingerprint. Also I like a home button placed at the front. For mee it's the best place to have it.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Like when the headphone jack decided to leave us. The lightening jack was made for sound. Not a real biggie.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I prefer the bezel as well. Also I like the 8+ design. When I switched over from Android I got the 7+. When 8+ was released I jumped on it in the rose gold. Now I have the product red. Red is my fav color and with the black front it’s stunning. I am very happy with this phone. Not switching. I prefer Touch ID

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2