Want an opinion

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am with Verizon. Even when sold always upgraded with carrier.
Now that I have switched to Apple (Jan 2017)
how do you prefer to upgrade and why ?

Do you continue with your carrier or do you prefer to get your phone with Apple?

Does Apple offer trade in values and is Apple care better than Assurion offered with carrier?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I go through Verizon and I bought Apple Care this year. I have not always bought it but I do think it's worth it. Especially with these all glass phones. If you are going to upgrade every year and get Apple Care you might as well go to Apple directly and do their upgrade program.

Maybe someone who has gone that route can chime in.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't really matter to me, I usually buy phone outrightly anyways, so who ever has the phone I'm looking for at the time that's where I go. This time I bought 8 plus at Bestbuy and Apple Care.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I buy Verizon model iPhones, I don’t necessarily buy them from Verizon. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I prefer to buy from Apple because I enjoy the store and the experience without the sell tactics used by carrier sales people.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I prefer to buy directly from Apple.

@Jude526 Apple Care will give you your phone back after it's repaired. Most, not all, carriers will send you a refurb instead of your original phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77