Crackling sound on calls IP8+

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a slight crackling noise when on calls. I contacted apple support and they had me record a voice memo and listen to it. There was no crackle/pop with the recording just calls. Anyone else.

GolferChris68

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. It's not on all calls, but probably half of them. I'm hoping they can fix that with an update, as I don't think it's hardware related.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have have the crackling issue during calls on my iPhone 8 too, I thought it was just me, but really noticed it today after a couple of long calls with some of my clients. I am also hoping it’s a software bug.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
What would help, is for people who have the crackling to report what carrier and version of the phone that they have.

The ATT and Tmo versions are using the intel cell modem, which lacks CDMA capability, and doesn't get as good of quality and signal strength as the Qualcomm chips found in the Verizon, Sprint and Unlocked phones.

When I got my 8+, I didn't go through ATT. I went to the Apple store and they were out of Unlocked versions, so I just paid for the Verizon version cash, and popped my ATT sim in there and off I went.

I haven't noticed crackling yet, but I will check.

It's a known issue and they promise a software fix, but I am curious if it's related to one modem or the other...

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the Unlocked and use on Verizon and I had the crackling noise. I'm enrolled in the Apple Beta program on 11.1 and the crackling seems to be gone now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have no crackling and my versions is a GSM only 8 plus that I bought through T-Mobile. I know a few that have it and all have Verizon with the SIM unlocked/CDMA versions. Anybody have this with a GSM only phone? just curious.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2