Apple Upgrade Program

Josh Easley

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I preordered for pickup on friday using the AUP, my card has already been charged the TAX, did this happen to everyone who pre-ordered using AUP? Status still says order in progress.

I preorded at 12:05am first day :)

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I preordered using the iPhone upgrade program, but mine is getting delivered. Glad to see that as an option finally. :)

My card was already charged for tax. Still waiting on the charge for the first payment.

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm wondering about my current payment contract. When I preordered on 9/15, I thought I read that your current payment would be on hold until your new contract starts, or you don't return the phone within the time frame allowed. When I checked my card to see if I had been charged yet, I noticed that my current IUP payment was charged on 9/16. Wonder if that's normal?

Josh Easley

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I think that is normal, because they do not put your old account on Hold until it ships, at that point your new one starts and the old one is on hold. If they do not get the old one in a certain amount of time, they will start back the old one and you will still have the new one, so you will get 2 payments. Once they get the phone and it checks out, they will close out the old one.

TL/DR They will not put you old account on hold until the new one ships, so its still active.

Josh Easley

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Im guessing my status is not changing until i go to pick it up, would be nice to get a notification that the phone i pre-ordered is actually set aside and ready for me when i drive to the store.

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. I got charged the tax on my 8 plus 256gb space gray. Still in pending on my credit card. The charge occurred this past Sunday.

My old IUP payment is scheduled for day after release though. Hope that one doesn't go through.

I preordered about 6am est on first day of pre-orders. I have an appointment scheduled for 10-10:30 at my local Apple store for pickup and turn in of old iPhone 7 Plus

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The tax disappeared from my credit card. However that citizens one loan charged this morning. I find that a bit odd. I haven't even picked up the new iPhone yet. But oh well my pickup window starts in about 3 hours. Gonna be fun to go to an apple store today. At least last year they'd moved the Indianapolis Apple store to a much larger location at the mall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2