Apple Logo Reboot Loop After Replacing Screen

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I replaced the cracked screen on an iPhone 7 with a brand new one from iFixit. This is not my first time doing this kind of repair so I consider myself to know what I'm doing. After replacing the screen and powering on the phone, the Apple logo shows on the screen as normal but then it goes away for 1-2 seconds and then shows up again, and then goes away, and so on. This continues happening as if it's in some sort of loop.

I checked all the connections and removed the screen and reconnected all the cables again. Same thing happens, apple logo shows, and then goes away, then shows, and then goes away.

At this point I decided to remove the new screen and installed the original cracked screen. Powered up the phone and it loads right up to the home screen. To me this confirms the screen is defective and was DOA.

Anybody experience this before? If so, did you find a fix or was the issue the new screen as well?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems you troubleshooted it yourself

Hopefully someone will be able to give you some feedback on similar situations

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems you troubleshooted it yourself

Hopefully someone will be able to give you some feedback on similar situations

Exactly this.

Yeah, I feel like I found the issue but was looking for feedback/input from others whom may have experienced the same issue and can chime in as to whether it was infact something else.

I reached out to iFixit.com, waiting to hear back from them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I feel like I found the issue but was looking for feedback/input from others whom may have experienced the same issue and can chime in as to whether it was infact something else.

I reached out to iFixit.com, waiting to hear back from them.

Oh okay. Let us know the out come and if it was indeed a bad "new" screen

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The replacement screen worked. Phone started up and loaded onto the home screen. Problem was the original screen I received. Shipped it back to iFixit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77