Extremely loud notifications during phone call using CarPlay

heloguy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a strange issue with CarPlay, and I'm certain I am not alone.
when I'm plugged into the USB port and using CarPlay, everything works as intended.
if I am on a phone call while using CarPlay, if I receive a text, email, or any other notification from the phone, it blares so much louder than everything else that it scares the daylights out of you. At times, I wonder if my speakers will blow out.
It seems that while plugged in to car play, the phone (call) volume is tied in with the notification volume, and that one is set much much higher than the other. If I decrease the volume during the notification, it will go down, but then I cannot hear the phone call any longer.
I was at my Dealership this morning to see if there was something they could do, but no joy.
Anyone else experience this??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a strange issue with CarPlay, and I'm certain I am not alone.
when I'm plugged into the USB port and using CarPlay, everything works as intended.
if I am on a phone call while using CarPlay, if I receive a text, email, or any other notification from the phone, it blares so much louder than everything else that it scares the daylights out of you. At times, I wonder if my speakers will blow out.
It seems that while plugged in to car play, the phone (call) volume is tied in with the notification volume, and that one is set much much higher than the other. If I decrease the volume during the notification, it will go down, but then I cannot hear the phone call any longer.
I was at my Dealership this morning to see if there was something they could do, but no joy.
Anyone else experience this??

That is not my experience with CarPlay and I use it a good deal of the time when I’m in my car. Are you able to lower the “ringer & alerts” volume in your iPhone’s sounds settings?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know if this will help but when I use Maps, Siri would be insanely loud. I finally figured out I had to adjust “her” volume separately from that of my deck. You have to do it while she is speaking. Maybe try that?

heloguy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
That is not my experience with CarPlay and I use it a good deal of the time when I’m in my car. Are you able to lower the “ringer & alerts” volume in your iPhone’s sounds settings?

I can, but it doesn’t make a difference. The notifications come in 100 times louder than the phone call. Only happens during a phone call. If not on a call, everything works great, including Siri and any navigation apps.
Extremely frustrating.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can, but it doesn’t make a difference. The notifications come in 100 times louder than the phone call. Only happens during a phone call. If not on a call, everything works great, including Siri and any navigation apps.
Extremely frustrating.

Hmmm, I’m wondering if there’s a setting within your vehicle’s infotainment system that controls the alert volume. Other than that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumplestiltskin