Save battery

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Does turning on reduced motion really save battery? I thought the more things you have off for example auto brightness saves battery. The YouTube video I was watching says turning on reduce motion & auto brightness saves battery

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Does turning on reduced motion really save battery? I thought the more things you have off for example auto brightness saves battery. The YouTube video I was watching says turning on reduce motion & auto brightness saves battery

Perhaps a little bit but not a great deal is saved.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

If you go outside and inside a lot auto brightness will drain your battery. Reduce motion does save battery life but it's not a crazy amount.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Turning on reduced motion might save a bit of battery, but it does make your phone faster in a way due to less animation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Cut back on those as much as possible. Others...streaming, intense games, and videos.

raj gohil

Banned
Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
iPhone 7 battery life is good than other brand's mobile but if you want to more life of your battery stop using more apps, games etc.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Cut back on those as much as possible. Others...streaming, intense games, and videos.

Exactly this.
I have entirely disabled location services for Facebook, and all of my other apps are set to ‘When in Use’.
Another way to have a great battery life is to keep all apps you ever opened, stay in task switcher. Swiping up and completely shutting off an app and reopening each app drains battery more than to just leave it there. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330 for further explanation.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I've tried turning Background App refresh, reduce motion and turning OFF "raise to wake" (I think it is called) and it did help. But when I tried just one of these tricks I didn't notice anything.

I think my biggest battery drain was from Raise To Wake and you can see how much "Lock Screen" waste you have by percentage when you check your battery stats. I think my waste was something like 20%.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried turning Background App refresh, reduce motion and turning OFF "raise to wake" (I think it is called) and it did help. But when I tried just one of these tricks I didn't notice anything.

I think my biggest battery drain was from Raise To Wake and you can see how much "Lock Screen" waste you have by percentage when you check your battery stats. I think my waste was something like 20%.

Background App Refresh is a good thing. It helps your apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Background App Refresh is a good thing. It helps your apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services.

But I thought it used some battery power to always be refreshing your apps in the background?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
But I thought it used some battery power to always be refreshing your apps in the background?

It does, but if you end up using that app very often and it needs to be refreshed every time, that will use more battery than refreshing every once in a while in the background.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Very little. You save more by allowing it to help apps run in the background more efficiently. Some apps will use a lot of battery without BAR. And it's important for apps to run in the background if we want them to perform as we want them to. Some, like Facebook, are really bad. I sometimes have to swipe the bad boys out of multitasking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77