Hissing sound

When Man

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I have heard that Iphone 7 and Iphone 7 plus have hissing problem, so since I want to buy Iphone 7 Plus I have few questions.
Are all devices affected by this?
Is there any solution, can it be cured with software update?
Thanks

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

The info you got is not a known problem with the iPhone. There is no Hissing Sound

Well now that's not even remotely close to true. I had it on my iPhone 7 Plus. Which was directly in line with videos and comments I've seen online on this site and Macrumors.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Even less than 10%. And believe me, it would have dethroned Samsung's Note 7 fiasco if it was a real problem.
Yes I said it. If Apple had even the slightest issues with their new devices, it would have been front page news, regardless of what else happened around the smartphone world, so to speak.

When Man

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Mhm, because I am really into buying Iphone 7 Plus and I am only afraid of that problem. All my life I have android so I saw video of Iphone 7 Plus beating S7 edge, so I am ready to make a change... Btw thank you!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Buzzing / static sound coming from back of new iPhone 7 Plus | Page 63 | MacRumors Forums

Check that thread out. I'm not saying don't get one. But if people on here are telling you that this isn't an actual problem, then they're not giving you the whole story. I had a 7 Plus Matte Black with 256gb. I didn't notice a coil whine but I did notice loud cracking, popping, and static in videos. Which is a pretty well known issue. I ordered another to see if a later batch has this issue fixed, and I'm not supposed to get it until November at this point.

When Man

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
SO decided to stick with Samsung, I will wait for S8 edge, they will probably make it REALLY good because they failed with note 7 so...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's present on my 7 Plus and wife's 7 Plus. But you have to put the back of the phone up to your hear to hear it. Doesn't bother me at all.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Damn it, now I am not sure should I buy it. So many problems I read about Iphone 7 I don't know anymore...

Worth keeping 'so many problems' in perspective: handful or even hundreds of comments on forums can reflect pretty isolated/limited problems - keep in mind the millions of phones out there with no complaints - those folks remain quiet and happy.

Not buying iPhone due to possible (and possibly limited) hissing a bit like not ordering soup cuz there *might* be a fly in it.

Respect your decision to not buy - enjoy your new Samsung.

Last edited:

When Man

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for respect, Iphone is very expensive, like very expensive here in my country. Unlocked 7 plus is 1100 euros, I live in Serbia btw. I shall see...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2